Chicken

(Dress and dinner description is minimal for your imagination :3 )

Natalie's PoV:

Oh goodness gracious.

Scarlett was picking me up in an hour.
I-
She-

No it's not funny

I'm gonna cry

My hair was neatly parted into two plaits , loose enough for golden flyaway hairs to curl and sit comfortably at my ears. I made sure to tie them tight enough to avoid the inevitable sensory issues of them if the hair fell out.

I'd unearthed my highlighter and only had a small mental breakdown applying my makeup. The sparkle on my nose was cute , especially paired with the rosy blush that breathed upon the smooth surface of my cheeks.

I looked ok.

No actually, i looked really cute. I feel myself now.

But i have to get dressed still.

Mentally facepalming myself for not getting dressed first.

I skip over to my bed in just my underwear to pick up the beautiful flowy dress that i had set out beforehand upon the covers

I tug it over my head and stop breathing momentarily as the fabric seemingly locks itself around my face ; before finally falling down to cover my body.

I really love this dress,

I love it even more now i have an excuse to wear it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

moving swiftly on

I stand under the washed-out light of my bathroom, feeling the tactile texture of the dress underneath my fingers, smoothing it against my body.

I drank a glass of water before packing my purse with all the essentials.

Lip balm
Lip gloss
Lipstick
Willow
Antihistamine
My inhaler
Plasters
My phone
Torch

I'm scared of the dark.

-

I wait outside my door for her and her sleek suv. The biting cold of Britain nips and nibbles at my exposed thighs and intertwines itself with my knit jumper.

Cute.

I'm cold.

I stick my hand in my bag to stroke the fur of my plush willow. Some people think it's weird. A lot do actually. But i like to bring her. She's just a small plush bunny but she's comforting. It's not like Scarlett's gonna see her.

I watch hesitantly as a burnt black jaguar pulls up and stops outside my house. I back away, that's not Scarlett's car.

But then Scarlett gets out the drivers seat.

I-

" confused little bug?" She asks, leaving the door open to show a tan faux leather interior. Her eyes trace my body, a smile on her lips.

I shift my feet.

"I-" that's a lot to process

I straighten my head i was unaware i tilted.

"Is that your car?" I gestured, my voice failing me.

" why else would i be driving it?"

Well how do i answer that one Scarlett?

She glances down, chuckles then speaks again.