broken

Serena's POV

I winced in pain as I touched the bruise that was growing on my face. No amount of makeup was gonna cover it. Damn. How the hell can I go to work like this?!

I had more scars and bruises though. My back even had lashes on it. I would be on the track of healing but my parents would reopen old wounds.

I wish I could just get up and leave but I have nowhere to go. I can't go to Sammy's even though she said I could stay in her apartment. I don't want to be a burden to her.

I look at the time and it's 10 am . I decided to get up and get ready for work at the market. I really was in so much pain that I was tempted to call out but I couldn't . I need the money so I can finally move out of here. Thankfully my parents haven't found my secret stash but they still take damn near all of my check.

After a nice bath , yes my parents don't really let me use the shower , so I bathe in a bucket. It sucks but I manage .

After finally getting ready and trying my hardest to cover up my bruise , I began my walk to work making sure my parents don't see me...

--

Finns POV

"This is all you can find out about her Damon ??" I asked as I looked over Serena's file that I was just given.

"Yes boss . Everything you need to know about her is in there ." I hummed in reply and began quickly reading through . It broke my heart. Her hospital records are thick. She has had 38 visits in the past year. What the hell happened to her ?! But I found out where she works and her work schedule so I may as well go pay her a visit and see if I can find out why .

"It seems though that Serena has had a rough life. " I closed the file and stood up.

"Where are you going boss ?"

"I'm going to check on my girl." I said before walking away. Damon couldn't see the smile on my face. My girl ? I like the sound of that .

Maybe I am willing to risk everything to be with Serena. There's just something about her that I can't shake.

---

Serena's POV

Im casually stocking the shelves when I feel arms wrap around me . I jump around to only see just Finn .

"Finn. What are you doing here ?" Please don't see my bruises....please...

"Well I really wanted to see you again . '

"How did you know where I worked ?"

"I have my ways. I know everything about you. " He said with a smirk. I just rolled my eyes at him and he backs me into the shelf , leaning close to me.

"Don't roll your eyes at me again baby girl. You won't like the outcome of it...or maybe you will. "

The way his voice dropped , it made a heat grow in between my legs and I felt like I could just pounce on the man. But I held myself back.

"What do you want ?"

" I have questions that need answers so I am here to ask if you would join me for dinner tonight."

"Like a date ? Are you asking me out ?" I was ready to get rejected but what he said next shocked me.

"Yes darling. A date . So are you in ?" I was hesitant but I nodded my head confirming it.

"Wonderful I'll pick you up at 7. " He hands me a slip of paper and walks away without another word. He didn't even ask for my address. Does he know ? How does he even know anything about me? We haven't even talked that long yet and I havent told him anything about me .