Chapter: 3

Aria Delaney's POV

"HIS NAME IS DANTE FERRARI?!" Luna screamed at the top of her lungs, nearly deafening me. As usual, Alex wasn't interested in our gossip. I noticed a girl walking by, eyeing Alex. "Alex, I missed you," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him. He hugged her back, kneeling slightly. Luna and I turned to look at them, our jaws dropping—mine out of jealousy.

"ALEX!" I yelled. The girl glanced at me before walking away. Luna and I kept staring at Alex.

"EXPLANATION!" Luna demanded.

"I don't need to explain anything to you guys," Alex said calmly.

"YOU AREN'T GAY?!" We both screamed.

He laughed. "Why would you think I'm gay?"

"You never dated girls," I said, trying to keep up with his fast pace as Luna and I followed him.

"And you rejected Aria in high school, saying you weren't interested in girls," Luna added.

"So? That doesn't mean I'm gay. I don't like men either," he replied.

I felt a pang of hurt and stayed silent for a moment. "So, you like women?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, but a specific type," he said.

"He likes sluts," Luna chimed in.

"HUH?!" Alex looked shocked. I laughed. The girl who hugged him was known for being with almost every guy in college, and some said even with girls.

"Ai Bella," I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned to see Dante. "Ferrari," I nicknamed him. He laughed.

"Sorry, I'm bad at names, so I give people nicknames," I lied.

"It's fine, but the way you said Ferrari was funny," he replied.

"Dante Ferrari," I repeated. Suddenly, a few guys on stage screamed, "EVERYONE!!! PARTY!!!" Everyone's attention shifted to the stage. "LOCATION WILL BE SENT IN THE GROUP WHICHHHHHHH... 3, 2, 1!" The guy yelled into the mic. Notifications popped up on our phones. It was a second-year college group announcement about the party. Everyone cheered.

"Let's beg Alex to take us," Luna said.

"Yep," I agreed, smiling. Alex was busy chatting with someone, making me jealous. Who is he dating?

Luna noticed me staring at Alex. "Dante!" she called. We turned to him. "We need to go with dates," she said. The party details required boys to bring a date.

"Great," Dante said, smiling. I was lost in thought, wondering who Alex would ask. He stood beside me and shook hands with Dante. The party was on Saturday, so there would be drinks since Sunday was a holiday.

Dante's friend kept looking at me. "Hey, Aria, right? Would you like to come with me to the party?" he asked sweetly. He helped me twice in my first year. His name is... Alessandro, I think. Dante and Alex waited for my answer.

"I don't think I'll be coming. I'm unwell," I said slowly. "But if I feel better, sure!" I added, smiling. Alessandro smiled and kissed the back of my hand, making me blush. Alex's lips twitched.

"I'll get in contact with you tonight," Alessandro whispered, winking at me. I nodded slightly.

"I'll meet you guys later," Dante said as his phone rang. "See you later, brother," he said, hugging Alex. Alex hugged back, and Dante left with his friends.

Luna and Alex glared at me. "Have you gone crazy?" Luna whispered, grabbing my wrist. I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you say yes to him?" Alex asked, glaring.