Under the Lights (requested)

Travis adjusted his tie in the mirror, his fingers fumbling slightly with the knot. The restaurant was upscale, and he wanted to look his best for Taylor. They had both been so busy lately, their schedules rarely aligning for more than a quick call or text. Tonight was special—a rare moment they could spend together without the pressure of their respective careers.

As he smoothed down the front of his jacket, he caught sight of his reflection and chuckled. Who would have thought a football star and a global pop sensation would end up together? It still felt surreal, even months into their relationship. But Taylor had a way of grounding him, making everything seem more real and more important.

Taylor was already seated at their table when Travis arrived, looking stunning in a simple yet elegant dress. Her face lit up when she saw him, and for a moment, all the stress and chaos of their lives melted away. They ordered their meals, chatting comfortably about anything and everything, enjoying the rare chance to be together without any interruptions.

Midway through dinner, Travis noticed Taylor's demeanor change. She became quiet, her eyes darting around the room as if searching for something. Her breathing grew shallow, and she clutched her napkin tightly in her lap. He reached across the table and gently placed his hand over hers.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

Taylor looked at him, her eyes wide and filled with a mixture of fear and embarrassment. She nodded quickly, but Travis could tell something was wrong.

"I... I just need a moment," she whispered, standing up abruptly and heading towards the restroom.

Travis watched her go, his mind racing. He'd seen her handle crowds of thousands with ease, so what could have triggered this? After a few minutes, he decided to check on her, his protective instincts kicking in.

Outside the restroom, he waited, feeling helpless. Finally, Taylor emerged, looking pale and shaken. She offered him a weak smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Let's get out of here," Travis said softly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and guiding her towards the exit.

They walked in silence to his car, and once inside, Taylor let out a shaky breath, her hands trembling slightly. Travis drove to his apartment, where they could have some privacy away from the prying eyes of the public. As soon as they stepped inside, he led her to the couch and sat beside her, not letting go of her hand.

"Taylor, talk to me," he urged gently. "What happened back there?"

She took a deep breath, struggling to find the words. "I... I had a panic attack," she finally admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "It happens sometimes. I try to manage it, but... it just hit me out of nowhere tonight."

Travis's heart ached for her. He knew anxiety was something many people struggled with, but seeing someone as strong and composed as Taylor go through it was eye-opening. "I'm so sorry, Tay. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Taylor looked down at their intertwined hands, finding comfort in his touch. "Just being here helps. I guess I should tell you more about my anxiety. It's something I've dealt with for a long time, but it's not something I talk about much."

She paused, gathering her thoughts. "It's like this constant undercurrent of worry. Sometimes it's manageable, just a low hum in the background. Other times, like tonight, it overwhelms me. Crowds, high-pressure situations, even certain smells or sounds can trigger it. I've learned to recognize the signs and usually can calm myself down, but it doesn't always work."

Travis listened intently, his grip on her hand tightening in support. "You're incredibly strong, you know that? Facing this every day and still doing everything you do... it's amazing."

Taylor gave a small, appreciative smile. "Thanks, but it's not always easy. There are days when getting out of bed feels like a victory. I've tried different things to cope—therapy, medication, meditation. They help, but it's a constant battle."

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with vulnerability. "I didn't want to burden you with this. It's a lot to handle, and I know you have your own pressures and stresses."

"Hey, we're in this together," Travis said firmly. "Your struggles are my struggles too. I want to be there for you, in the good times and the tough ones. Never think you're a burden to me, Tay."

Taylor's eyes filled with tears, and she leaned into him, feeling the warmth of his embrace. "Thank you, Travis. That means more to me than you know."

He held her close, vowing silently to support her in every way he could. "Anytime you feel like this, just tell me. We'll face it together."

They sat in silence for a while, the weight of their conversation hanging in the air. Finally, Taylor spoke again. "I should have told you sooner. I just... I didn't want to scare you away."

Travis pulled back slightly, looking into her eyes. "Nothing could scare me away from you. You're stuck with me, Swift."

She laughed softly, the tension easing from her shoulders. "I'm glad. And I promise to be more open about what I'm feeling. I don't want to keep things from you."

He nodded, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "Good. We'll figure it out together, one step at a time."

As they sat there, holding each other, Taylor felt a sense of peace wash over her. For the first time in a long time, she felt truly understood and supported. And with Travis by her side, she knew she could face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Their evening had taken an unexpected turn, but in the end, it brought them closer. Under the lights of the city outside, they found a deeper connection, one built on trust, understanding, and love.