Holiday Traditions

Hi, do you guys think I should write Jaylor/Toe or Haylor one-shots?

Edit: Hey! Only one comment? Don't leave me hanging (not to be rude)
_____________________________________
Taylor stood at the top of the staircase, a sense of childlike excitement bubbling inside her. It was the first holiday season she and Travis would spend together in their new home, and she wanted everything to be perfect. The house was filled with the scent of pine from the freshly cut tree they had brought home the day before, and twinkling fairy lights were already strung along the banister.

She glanced downstairs, where Travis was busy setting up a massive box of holiday decorations. He was humming to himself, a rare sight that made her heart swell with affection.

"Ready to start?" she called down, her voice bright with anticipation.

Travis looked up, his face lighting up with a smile. "Absolutely! I've been waiting for this all week."

Taylor descended the stairs and joined him in the living room. They had agreed to combine their childhood holiday traditions, creating new ones together. It was a blend of nostalgia and new memories, and Taylor couldn't wait to see how it would all come together.

They started with the tree. Travis took charge of untangling the string lights while Taylor sorted through the ornaments. Each ornament held a story, a piece of their pasts that they were now sharing with each other. There were delicate glass baubles from Taylor's family, handmade ones from Travis's childhood, and new additions they had bought together.

"This one is from when I was six," Travis said, holding up a slightly misshapen clay star. "My mom still makes fun of how lopsided it is."

Taylor laughed, taking the star from him and examining it. "I think it's perfect. Let's put it right in the center."

They took turns hanging ornaments, laughing and reminiscing as they went. Once the tree was fully decorated, they stepped back to admire their handiwork. It stood proudly in the corner of the living room, twinkling with lights and memories.

Next, they moved on to the fireplace. Taylor carefully hung up the stockings, each one embroidered with their names. She had spent hours choosing the perfect ones, wanting them to reflect their personalities. Travis's stocking was a deep, rich red with gold trim, while hers was a soft, shimmery silver.

"What's next?" Travis asked, looking around at the boxes that still held plenty of decorations.

"How about the gingerbread house?" Taylor suggested, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "We can build it together."

Travis's face lit up with a grin. "I've never made one before. This should be fun."

They cleared a space on the dining table and laid out all the components. As they began assembling the house, it quickly became clear that it was going to be a messy, but hilarious, endeavor. The walls kept sliding apart, the icing was everywhere, and they couldn't stop laughing at their attempts to make it look perfect.

"This is harder than it looks," Travis said, holding up a piece of gingerbread that had broken in half.

"Tell me about it," Taylor agreed, trying to steady a wall that kept tipping over. "But it's a lot more fun doing it together."

After what felt like hours of sticky fingers and icing disasters, they finally managed to create a gingerbread house that, while far from perfect, was filled with love and laughter. They adorned it with colorful candies and stood back to admire their creation.

"Not bad for our first try," Taylor said, wiping a smudge of icing from Travis's cheek.

"Not bad at all," he agreed, pulling her into a warm hug. "I think it's perfect."

As the day turned into evening, they decided to bake cookies. Taylor pulled out her grandmother's recipe, one that had been a staple in her family for generations. They mixed the dough, rolled it out, and used various cookie cutters to create festive shapes. The kitchen was soon filled with the delicious aroma of freshly baked cookies.

While the cookies were cooling, Taylor prepared hot cocoa, complete with whipped cream and marshmallows. They carried their treats into the living room, where they curled up on the couch in front of the fire. The room was filled with a cozy warmth, the crackling of the fire adding to the festive ambiance.

"This is perfect," Taylor said, leaning against Travis and taking a sip of her cocoa. "I can't imagine a better way to spend the holidays."

"Me neither," Travis agreed, wrapping his arm around her. "I love making new traditions with you."

They spent the rest of the evening watching holiday movies, sharing stories from their childhoods, and simply enjoying each other's company. Taylor felt a deep sense of contentment, knowing that they were creating memories that would last a lifetime.

As the night drew to a close, Taylor stood up and walked over to the piano in the corner of the room. She sat down and began to play a soft, familiar melody. Travis watched her, a smile spreading across his face as he recognized the tune.

"Is that...?" he started, but Taylor nodded, her fingers dancing over the keys.

"Silent Night," she said softly. "My mom used to play it every Christmas Eve."

Travis moved to sit beside her on the piano bench, and they shared a quiet moment, letting the music wash over them. When the song ended, Taylor looked at him, her eyes filled with love.

"Thank you for making this holiday so special," she said.

Travis took her hand, pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "Thank you for sharing your traditions with me. I can't wait to do this every year."

They sat together for a while longer, talking about their hopes and dreams for the future. The night was filled with love, warmth, and the promise of many more holidays to come.

Finally, they headed upstairs to bed, their hearts full and their spirits bright. As they lay down, Taylor snuggled close to Travis, feeling a profound sense of gratitude for the life they were building together.

"Goodnight, Travis," she whispered.

"Goodnight, Taylor," he replied, kissing her forehead. "Merry Christmas."

And as they drifted off to sleep, the house around them glowing with holiday cheer, they knew that this was just the beginning of a beautiful tradition that would grow and flourish with each passing year.