Care and Comfort (requested)

The night was alive with energy as Taylor and Travis walked into one of Nashville's most popular bars. The atmosphere was electric, the music pulsating, and the laughter of friends and strangers mingling in the air. It had been a while since Taylor had a night out like this, and she was determined to enjoy every moment.

Travis looked at her with a smile, his hand resting comfortably on her lower back. "Ready to have some fun?" he asked, his voice loud enough to be heard over the music.

"Absolutely," Taylor replied, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She felt a rush of happiness being out with Travis, surrounded by the vibrant nightlife of the city she loved.

They found a spot at the bar and ordered their first round of drinks. Taylor started with a glass of wine, savoring the familiar taste, while Travis opted for a beer. They chatted, laughed, and enjoyed the company of their friends who had joined them for the night.

As the hours passed, Taylor's enthusiasm grew. She felt a warm buzz spreading through her as she switched from wine to cocktails. The bartender, recognizing her, insisted on making her a special drink. She accepted with a giggle, feeling a bit more carefree with each sip.

Travis watched her with a fond smile, enjoying her joy and the way she lit up the room. He kept an eye on her drink intake, though, knowing how quickly the fun could turn if she had too much.

"Maybe slow down a bit, Tay," he suggested gently after her third cocktail.

"Oh, come on, Trav," she said, her words slightly slurred but her smile wide. "It's a celebration!"

Travis laughed. "Alright, but I'm keeping an eye on you."

As the night wore on, Taylor became more animated. She danced with her friends, her laughter ringing out over the music. Travis stayed close, ready to step in if she needed him. He admired her ability to let loose and have fun, but he also knew his role tonight was to make sure she was safe.

At some point, Taylor stumbled back to the bar, her cheeks flushed and her eyes a bit glassy. "Trav, you're my favorite," she declared, leaning heavily against him.

He chuckled, steadying her with a gentle hand. "And you're my favorite, Tay. How about we get some water now?"

"Water? Pfft, I'm fine," she said, but didn't resist when he handed her a glass.

"Drink up," he insisted, watching as she took a few sips.

The night continued, and it became clear that Taylor was reaching her limit. She swayed on her feet, her giggles turning into hiccups. Travis decided it was time to head home.

"Alright, party girl," he said softly, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Let's get you home."

"Nooo, I'm having fun," Taylor protested weakly, but she didn't resist as he guided her towards the exit.

Travis managed to get her into a cab, giving the driver their address. Taylor leaned against him, her head on his shoulder, her eyes half-closed. "Trav, you're the best," she murmured.

"You're pretty great yourself, Tay," he replied, stroking her hair gently.

When they reached their apartment, Travis helped her inside. She was more unsteady now, the alcohol fully hitting her. He guided her to the couch, sitting her down gently.

"Stay here, I'll get you some water," he said, heading to the kitchen.

Taylor nodded, her head lolling back against the cushions. She felt dizzy and a little nauseous, the room spinning slightly. When Travis returned with a glass of water and a damp cloth, she looked up at him gratefully.

"Here, drink this," he said, holding the glass to her lips.

She took a few sips, grimacing slightly. "Thanks, Trav."

He sat down next to her, gently wiping her forehead with the damp cloth. "Feeling okay?"

"I think I might've overdone it a bit," she admitted, her voice softer now.

"It happens," he said with a reassuring smile. "The important thing is you're home and safe."

She leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder. "I'm lucky to have you."

"I'm the lucky one," he replied, wrapping an arm around her.

They sat like that for a while, the quiet of the apartment a stark contrast to the noise of the bar. Travis kept an eye on her, making sure she drank more water and didn't get too uncomfortable. When she started to doze off, he carefully lifted her into his arms.

"Let's get you to bed," he whispered, carrying her to their bedroom.

He laid her down gently, pulling the covers over her. Taylor reached out, grabbing his hand. "Stay with me?"

"Of course," he said, kicking off his shoes and sliding into bed beside her.

She snuggled up to him, her breathing evening out as she drifted off to sleep. Travis watched her for a moment, his heart swelling with love and protectiveness. He was glad she'd had a good time, but even more grateful that she trusted him to take care of her.

As Taylor slept, Travis held her close, thinking about the lyrics from one of her songs, "You are the best thing that's ever been mine." It was moments like these that made him realize just how true those words were.

Eventually, he fell asleep too, the steady rise and fall of Taylor's breathing a comforting presence beside him. They had faced the highs and lows of the night together, and he knew they would face many more adventures in the future. No matter what came their way, they had each other, and that was more than enough.

In the morning, Taylor woke up with a groan, her head pounding. She looked over to see Travis already awake, a glass of water and some painkillers ready on the nightstand.

"Good morning, sunshine," he said softly.

She smiled weakly. "Thanks for taking care of me."

"Anytime, Tay," he replied, kissing her forehead. "How about some breakfast?"

"That sounds amazing," she said, her heart full of gratitude and love.

As Travis headed to the kitchen, Taylor felt a wave of affection wash over her. She knew she was incredibly lucky to have someone like him by her side. And no matter what happened, she was confident that with Travis, every day was a little brighter, a little better, and filled with a lot of love.