Chapter 6

Matsuko led Akari through the quiet streets, their footsteps echoing in the stillness of the night. They stopped at an abandoned building, its windows shattered and walls covered in graffiti.

Matsuko pushed open the creaking door and motioned for Akari to follow her inside. The interior was dimly lit by moonlight streaming through broken windows, casting eerie shadows on the floor.

In the center of the room, a series of training dummies were set up. Matsuko turned to Akari, her expression serious. "Do you remember what I told you about the mark giving you some of my power?"

Akari nodded hesitantly. "Yes, I remember."

Matsuko pulled out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one up with a flick of her wrist. She took a drag and exhaled slowly, the smoke curling around her face. "Good. Now, let's see if you can use it." She walked over to Akari, grabbing her gloved hand and holding it up toward one of the dummies. "Focus. Think of a shape."

Akari's heart raced as she nodded, feeling a mixture of fear and excitement. She closed her eyes and thought of a circle.

Slowly, she spread two of her fingers, and to her amazement, a bright white halo began to spin and float between them. She let out a small gasp, her eyes wide with wonder.

 She let out a small gasp, her eyes wide with wonder

Matsuko smirked and nodded approvingly. "Well done. Now, I want you to cut that dummy in half."

Akari looked at the dummy, feeling a surge of determination. She held out her hand, merging the bright halo around the dummy's body.

(Lazy to colour and draw)

She concentrated, making the halo spin faster and faster, until it sliced cleanly through the dummy.

The two halves fell to the floor with a thud, and Akari smiled for the first time in front of Matsuko, feeling a sense of pride

Matsuko chuckled, taking another drag from her cigarette. "Impressive." She clapped her hands, the sound echoing through the empty building. "Now, watch me."

Matsuko's eyes gleamed as she summoned a series of black diamond-shaped objects that hovered around her blue hair like a dark halo.

She merged the floating diamonds, and with a swift motion of her gloved fingers, she sent them flying toward another dummy. The diamonds pierced the dummy with precision, embedding themselves deep into its surface.

 The diamonds pierced the dummy with precision, embedding themselves deep into its surface

(Yeah yeah it look weird, im just too lazy to fix it but you got the idea right?)

Akari, sitting a bit further behind Matsuko, clapped her hands in amazement. Matsuko turned and gave a small, satisfied smile.

As they took a break, Matsuko handed Akari a can of soda. Akari sipped it gratefully, the cold liquid soothing her dry throat. "Matsuko," she began hesitantly, "how did you get this power?"

Matsuko's expression turned playful. She put her index finger to her lips and whispered, "That's a secret."

Akari decided not to push further. Instead, she asked another question that had been gnawing at her. "Why do I have to eat human flesh to stay alive?"

Matsuko's playful demeanor faded slightly, replaced by a more serious tone. "The power that binds us, the mark, it demands a price. Human flesh contains a certain essence, a vitality that sustains our strength and keeps us from withering away."

Akari frowned, troubled by the explanation. "But killing innocent people... it’s not right. It's wrong."

Matsuko's eyes narrowed, but she kept her voice calm. "Akari, you must understand. This is the way it is. Questioning it won't change anything."

Akari shook her head, her voice rising slightly. "What you’re doing is wrong, Matsuko. It could get you thrown in jail."

Matsuko’s calm demeanor remained unshaken. "I’ll never be caught if I consume the bodies. No evidence, no crime."

Their conversation was abruptly interrupted by a loud yell. Both of them turned to see Sora standing in the doorway, her eyes wide with shock. "Akari! What’s going on here?"

The room fell silent, the tension palpable. Matsuko's eyes flickered with annoyance, while Akari felt a cold dread wash over her. The secret that had been so carefully hidden was now exposed, and there was no telling what would happen next.
___________________________

Sorryy this one is a little too short