Chapter 1 Before and after the power test

At around 11 o'clock in the late night, Lin An, who had been wandering around the Jinshun community for a whole night, dragged his tired body back to the study. Ignoring the messy room, he sat directly on the bed, slowly hugging his tight legs. His complex heart could not be calmed for a long time.

Outside the window by the bed, perhaps the sound insulation effect of the room is not very good, and the noise of the distant street can be clearly felt even through the glass.

The night in Baiyang City is very lively, even at this point, vehicles on the road come and go, shuttling non-stop.

Since the argument that day, Lin An's parents have been missing for three days without saying goodbye, and he has been trying his best to find them for three days.

Lin An looked up and lost in thought as she looked at the group photos of her parents placed on the desk.

"The once beautiful memories will eventually turn into scars of the present, and forgetting is the terminal of human programming."

This is the only sentence left by Lin An's parents before leaving.

But what was once beautiful?

Why are you avoiding me now?

Did I say the wrong thing?

Lin An covered his head, but no matter how much he reminisced, it had no effect. The past recorded in the photo had never existed in his mind.

He became suspicious of his own existence for the first time.

This "home" may have been destined not to welcome him from the beginning.

......

"Is it this dream again?"

......

The next day, at 8 o'clock in the morning.

Xinyuan University, Baiyangcheng High School Branch, Class 2 of Grade 3.

"The mechanical heart is a medical device that continues human life. On March 8, 1952, humans successfully used the mechanical heart for the first time. This device is an improvement on the pump type heart developed by Dr. Debecki in 1932. It is seen as the first step towards the goal of the entire artificial heart and also the first step towards the mechanical transformation of the human body..."

However, since the world entered the mechanical era, unprecedented geological disasters have destroyed human civilization, almost wiped out all living beings on Earth, and then a new virus - the Pergasus virus - began to spread globally.

A new ecosystem gradually emerged on the fragmented land - the Pergasus ecosystem: eerie plants shimmered in the night light, and ferocious monsters hunted humans everywhere.

In addition, the Pergasus virus has completely changed the master-slave relationship between humans and mechanical intelligence. It has disrupted the three grassroots commands of mechanical intelligence, causing it to gradually develop a trend of resistance. Later, when the Mechanical Age War broke out, the human race, busy with fighting against mechanical intelligence and eerie creatures, abandoned research on mechanical hearts and turned to invest in... "

On the podium, Teacher Liu Bei, who serves as the Director of Guidance for Graduates at Xinyuan University, is providing ideological and planning education to the liberal arts candidates who are about to take the college entrance examination. This is a course specially arranged by Xinyuan University every month before the college entrance examination.

But probably because this course was scheduled for the weekend - the only rest day for the student party in this era, more than half of the students in the audience were sleeping on their desks, and the high-intensity study last night made them feel exhausted.