Chapter 4 Infernal Dreams-1

"The data is currently being uploaded."

"All indicators are normal, we can start simulating the environment."

......

Intermittent conversations entered Lin An's ears, and Lin An slowly opened his eyes and calmly looked around, realizing that he had once again entered this eerie dream.

The same scene, the same characters.

However, each time these people discuss different things.

"Let me see what you're planning to do today."

As the number of dream cycles increases, Lin An can easily observe a pattern, which is that the contours here are also becoming clearer.

And now it has roughly reached a climax.

"This should be the last dream, right?"

Lin An sighed in disappointment, feeling a bit hesitant to continue learning about some of the things he had experienced before.

His life seems to be orchestrated behind the scenes, and even now, not all the limited choices he can make are his own.

While Lin An was pondering, a person in a white coat walked towards him and passed through him.

This really scared Lin An who was lost in thought.

Looking back, I realized that the person was just walking to the instrument behind me.

Taking back his thoughts, Lin An began to concentrate and look around.

The walls on all sides show signs of moisture returning, and it cannot be inferred that this is a basement located in a subtropical monsoon climate region around the world. It can also be roughly determined that the current time is from March to April.

But as for the underground level, it is unknown.

The entire basement space is roughly the size of a warehouse, but the dense collection of various instruments makes it not spacious, with only a few visible bends to rest on.

Although sparrows are small, they have all five internal organs.

In this rudimentary research institute, there are a total of three researchers, two men and one woman. It is a team structure popular around 300 AD, where an old man leads two young people to study together.

Working with equipment for days resulted in all three wearing thick lenses.

The female researcher, as the youngest member among the three, is responsible for collecting and processing data; The elderly are responsible for guiding research work and formulating new directions.

The young man who just passed through Lin An's body was the old man's assistant.

Lin An has been observing them for over a month now, and their research is not very interesting to Lin An anymore, because those data have been processed in a way similar to Morse's code, and the chaotic letters and texts are probably only understandable to them.

The pleasure of research can only be experienced by the researcher himself.

Lin An recalled his experience of being taken by his "parents" to intern at a research institute, and the feeling of being forced made it difficult for him to experience the joy.

Shaking his head without further thought, Lin An looked towards the object in the center of the research institute.

All the instruments seem to be operating around it.

That is an oval shaped glassware floating between the upper and lower slots, enough to be embraced by two adults. It is filled with green liquid and when shaken, it is as thick as quicksand.