Chapter 5 Infernal Dreams-2

"Teacher, they're leaving."

The female researcher gently patted her chest, but to her surprise, Lu Ya's words convinced her to withdraw from the task force, and she further made up her mind to continue her research.

"Hmm..."

After surviving the disaster, Lu Ya's face did not reveal any ease or joy.

Another young man saw what Lu Ya was worried about and stepped forward to comfort him, "Teacher, Supervisor Xu is capable of keeping himself safe."

Lu Ya nodded and took the information handed over by the female assistant, with renewed enthusiasm in her eyes.

The three of them continued their unfinished research in an orderly manner, as if the recent crisis of life and death was just an episode.

"If only I could help, but unfortunately it's just a dream."

Lin An wanted to do something for the pioneers in front of him, who seemed to regard saving the human race as his own life and even transcended it, reaching a higher realm.

"If you want to help, don't keep pestering. Hey, young people don't have any initiative."

Hmm?

Is this a hallucination?

"Young man, that's you."

Lin An rubbed his eyes and fixed his gaze on the surroundings again. The contours of those devices and characters gradually blurred and shifted to another location.

"Is this... my bedroom?"

Lin An couldn't believe it at first, but then seemed to have learned a lot.

"So I came back... that's not right."

Lin An, who felt something was wrong, began to check his body and found that the area where he had been injured was indeed intact.

When Lin An lifted his head again, the kind old man began to stand in front of him at some point.

"Can you see me?"

"There is nothing impossible."

Luya stroked her beard and sat down on Lin An's bed.

"Hiss... so real."

Lin An pinched his face, but he didn't expect to actually feel the pain.

How should I wake up if I can experience pain in my dreams?

"I can't wake up naturally."

Lu Ya calmly said.

"Do you know how to read minds?"

Lin An instinctively took a few steps back.

This world is also too eerie. I have no secrets at all and cannot easily leave.

"This is the hippocampus hard drive where I store my memory, which can be considered a virtual dimension."

"I call it 'Infernal Dreams'."

Lu Ya's movements of stroking his beard were more natural, as if the painter was introducing one of his favorite works, as if it were a treasure trove.

"Hippocampus? Hard drive?"

"Hey, young people nowadays don't even delve into physiological knowledge? The hippocampus is a part of the brain responsible for storing, converting, and directing long-term memory."

"In short, it is responsible for storing, converting, and locating short-term memory. As for hard drives..."

"I know, but this research has been listed as one of the taboo projects, and the relevant technology has now been lost."