Chapter 6

“Well this isn’t foreshadowing something….it’s spooky in here” Mikey mumbled from his place beside Raph, the hothead of their group pushing back another yawn as he waited behind Leo while Donnie remained on Raph’s right. He hated the fact he was being surrounded as Splinter insisted he was with his current fever, he was to be protected. 

Across the room was Oroku Saki otherwise known as the Shredder who sat in his throne, Tigerclaw and Karai on either side of him while his foot soldiers were dotted around the exits. The other mutants were on the roof and around the perimeter with the turtle's allies. Although they were all on the defence, all of them knew by the treaty they’d have to work together. 

“So, let me get this straight. You want two noticeable factions to come together in hope to defeat these stone warriors and if we live, we go against one another to signify a change of heart in the cold one, you have…” Leonardo was cut off by another. 

“Saki, we must be reasonable. We must work together but how do we know that as soon as our backs are turned, you won’t hurt us?” Splinter placed a hand on his eldest son’s shoulder as he spoke in a calm tone for both him and the turtles. 

“I will give my word and sign a creed” Oroku Saki bluntly said, leaning forward in his throne. 

“All of us will be treated equally” Tigerclaw added as he was the one who had brought up the idea of the creed, “No one will have more power over a situation” the assassin added. Splinter and Leo could only share a look. 

“Hamato Yoshi, I swore on the life of Tang Shen. We must honour her in…” Oroku never finished as Splinter let out a roar of frustration, he lunged confusing them all. 

“Honour, you have no honour. We will do this via a fight. The first to end up down more than ten seconds, will sign first!” Splinter shouted, Saki only sighed and got into a battle stance. 

“This is going to end so well” Raphael grunted out to Donatello who rolled his eyes, he allowed his twin to lean into him, Raph took a moment to close his eyes while Leo and Mikey kept watch, both of them winced with Karai watching the two masters at work. 

“So much for just talking” Donnie whispered back to Raph who smirked, the two barely blinked before they found themselves transported elsewhere in their minds. 

“I am sorry for the urgent call but you must stop this fight immediately. A sudden danger is heading directly towards you both” the voice of Zalton caught the attention.

Donatello blinked only to see Raph in his arms while the smaller teenager was holding his sai, which looked to be in the form of the unborn. Looking up Donnie noticed the two spirit fathers of the spirits in their bodies. 

“It is good to see the two of you again,” Darrius said with a soft smile. Raph could only nod, holding the sai close to him, “It was the only way we could connect, we have found our spirit children have latched onto your souls so we have connected with your weapons. Your unborn child is latched onto your own soul” Darrius was quick to explain while Zalton held up a hand. 

“This may be an important discussion some other time but for now both of you are in danger. The goddess, the evil one who has landed in your realm is coming for the spirits. We must get you both to safety…” 

“Can we not learn how to use these gifts?” Donnie interrupted, he watched the faces twist of the elder twins. 

Zalton sighed, “It can only be taught when the truth is discovered but for the current moment, you both must stop the fight and move, I’d suggest somewhere not in the open or on visible show. You do not have long”