Heart Broken - 49

Target : 180+ votes and 30 comments.

🦋

Hey gentle souls!

Thank you so much for all the support. As Vihaan and Shivanya's story will come to an end soon, I have begun writing Nitya and Aman's book.

If you all are interested to find out what their journey will be like, please follow me on Wattpad to get the notification once the book is released.

Happy Reading!

I hurry towards his office praying that nobody will notice me because right now I am a mess

I wrapped my bloody dupatta into a ball and stuffed it inside my bag. The bleeding has stopped but my head throbs like it's about to burst any minute.

Despite all this I stride in hurry steps. I stop by the door and search my phone inside my bag. Where did I put it?

There it is!

I lift my hand to open the door but stop midair hearing his voice.

"It means that I don't care if she is worried or not. She could be gone for all I care." Vihaan tells somebody in the phone.

It is clear as day who he means. Me.

I freeze in my steps as my heart thunders. I know I shouldn't hear their private conversation but my name stops me from doing the right thing.

"Do not make this into something it is not."

I hold the wall for support hearing him deny Aman bhai's claims. I take deep breaths.

"Love? I would never love someone like her."

Something breaks inside me, probably my stupid heart.

I think I am going to throw up. I know he said that he isn't capable of loving someone but hearing him reject even entertaining the idea of loving me makes me want to bawl my eyes out.

I swallow my tight throat.

I fought a man physically today. This verbal conversation can do nothing to me.

I tell myself to reduce the palpitations in my chest.

"I have nothing to talk to her. It was a marriage of convenience and nothing more. I know she understands where she stands in this arrangement. I helped her and dealt with the consequences."

Arrangement?

I am such a fool to believe that I'd ever have a chance with someone like Vihaan.

All this time I have lived in a fantasy of construing a web of lies. I thought he liked me.

But I never considered the option that he might be tolerating for the sake of being married to me.