🌊 You're Scared of the Ocean

There were lots of perks that came with having wings. To no surprise, they pretty much all involved flying. Keigo made sure to take full advantage of his quirk, both when he was working and when he was off duty. What was the point of having a big set of wings like his if you weren't gonna fly everywhere? Hawks could clear distances easily without getting caught in traffic, perch on a rooftop to look for villains, and, most importantly, take his boyfriend to secret beaches.

"So what do you think?" Keigo asked with a proud smile.

He gestured to the small cove you found yourselves in. There were no roads or trails to it, and it was only accessible by air. Keigo had carry you through the air to get there, and while it was a little scary dangling in his arms hundreds of feet in the air, it was worth it in the end. The beach of golden sand wrapped around the turquoise water like a horseshoe. Palm trees sprouted out from the forest and hung over the water, their leaves gently rustling in the warm breeze. To top it all off there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was the perfect summer day in the perfect spot, and the two of you had it all to yourselves.

"It's perfect. How did you even find it?"

"I have my ways." He said with a grin, now even happier seeing how much you loved the spot.

You didn't bring much along. You really couldn't. There was only so much that Hakws could carry in flight after all. So you brought along the essentials. Towels to lay on, sunscreen, water, even a little beach ball in case you got bored. But you were mostly looking forward to relaxing, soaking up the sun, and admiring the sights. No one could deny that he looked good in his outfit. A white button-up with red trunks, plus some aviator shades. Keigo always had style.

The shirt wasn't on much longer, no argument from you, and he was soon asking for help to get his sunscreen on. Happily lending a hand, you made sure to cover Keigo's whole back, paying close attention to the bases of his wings. You thoroughly massaged the lotion into his toned back, and after he did the same for you, you finally laid down on your towel and expected to be joined by your boyfriend. But, to your surprise, you heard him call your name. He wasn't anywhere close to you. Instead, he had other plans. He had gone to the water.

"Hey Y/N, aren't you coming?" He hollered back as the waves lapped at his ankles.

You were afraid this would happen. You had desperately hoped that you wouldn't have to confront this with him. Not today, not now.

You looked down at him as he stood there. He was expecting you to join him. In the water. And if you didn't come up with an excuse to answer him with, the silence would start to get weird. And that would only bring about more questions. It wouldn't be easy, but you knew you would have to convince him to go swimming and have fun by himself if you wanted to keep your secret. And you had to do it fast.

"N-No, no I'm fine. You go ahead."

You hoped he wouldn't pick up on your nervousness, but the slight stutter and empty response would make that unlikely. He stood there for a couple more seconds, seeming to think about what to do. And it didn't take him long to decide. To your dread, he started walking back up the beach. You knew that's what he'd do even if you had hoped differently. There was no way he'd leave you up there by yourself. He wanted to spend time with you, and if he thought you were sad or weren't having fun, he'd make it his personal mission to make you feel better.

Keigo plopped down on his towel next to yours. He didn't say anything for a moment. He just sat with you. Looking out across the cove and to the horizon, it was a peaceful moment you were glad to share with him. Even if it was only temporary, and a prelude to a conversation you weren't eager to have one bit. He knew you were bothered by something, scared even, and his nature wouldn't let him ignore that.