Chapter 6

After a while I was in my room given by Vlad taking a nap. The events of the day had left me both exhilarated and exhausted. He wanted me to stay in his castle. He says I am not just a visitor or a customer but a companion and that we should stick close all the time. Specially when I am the defenseless one here. Elena had left for her home as it was just a few blocks away from here. This was way more different than the Bran Castle. There were so many castles related to Vlad. So many that even I was confused to the point to figure out which is which. As I drifted off to sleep, my mind buzzing with thoughts of the journey ahead, I was suddenly jolted awake by the sound of my phone ringing. I fumbled for it groggily, blinking away the remnants of sleep as I answered the call.

"Hello?" I said, my voice thick with sleep.

"Katrina, it's Vlad," came the familiar voice on the other end of the line. "I was wondering if you would like to explore the castle with me?"

I felt a surge of excitement at the prospect of spending more time with Vlad, eager to continue our conversation from earlier. "I would love to, Vlad!" I replied, a smile spreading across my face.

I could hear the smile in Vlad's voice as he responded, his enthusiasm palpable even over the phone. "Excellent! Meet me in the library in fifteen minutes."

With a newfound sense of energy, I quickly got ready, choosing an outfit that was both comfortable and stylish. I wanted to make a good impression on Vlad, even though I knew he valued substance over style.

As I made my way to the library, I couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that bubbled within me

As I made my way to the library, I couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that bubbled within me. There was something about Vlad that drew me to him, something I couldn't quite put into words.

When I arrived at the library, Vlad was waiting for me wearing a white shirt and black pants complimenting his brilliant manly figure. When he saw me he gave a very warm smile. "Katrina, I'm so glad you could join me," he said, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"You look lovely, Katrina," he said, his voice soft and sincere.

I blushed at the compliment, suddenly feeling self-conscious under his gaze. "Thank you, Vlad," I replied, grateful for the distraction. "It's my pleasure!" Vlad replied, returning his smile. Together, we ventured into the depths of the library, our footsteps echoing softly against the ancient stone floors.

Looking at him, I couldn't help but blurt out, "I still can't believe I'm here with my favorite historic character; it's like a dream come true for me."

"Really? I didn't expect someone to like me that much," Vlad replied, his eyes reflecting a deep sadness that tugged at my heartstrings.

His words struck a chord within me, and I felt a surge of empathy for this man who had endured so much. "What's the matter, Vlad? Did no one love you?" I asked, unable to contain my curiosity.

"No, Katrina, I believe I was the loneliest creature in this world. They took away my family, then this darkness took away whoever wanted to be with me. I am a monster feared by many; no one would care to be with me," Vlad confessed, his voice heavy with guilt.

"That's not true. You're innocent, Vlad. I believe you, I always had!" I realized I had overstepped my bounds with my outburst. "Sorry, Vlad, it was too much. I said too much."

"Don't be. You don't realize how your presence heals me, Katrina," Vlad replied softly, his gaze locked on mine with an intensity that took my breath away.

"Well, choose whatever you like, I will be here," Vlad said, trying to lighten the mood as we returned to our task of searching through the library's collection.

Vlad was engrossed in examining scrolls and documents, while I perused the shelves in search of more books. One particular tome caught my eye: "History of Romania." However, it was on the highest shelf, seemingly out of reach.

Determined to retrieve the book, I stretched up on tiptoe, reaching as high as I could despite knowing it was futile. But before I could resign myself to defeat, I felt a strong presence behind me. I knew it was Vlad.

In an instant, Vlad's hand was on my waist, supporting me as he effortlessly reached for the book that had captured my interest. Our bodies were close, and I could feel the heat of his touch seeping through me.

As he handed me the book, I turned to face him, our faces mere inches apart. In that moment, I was struck by the sheer presence of this man who had been vilified by history. Yet, despite the darkness that surrounded him, there was a vulnerability in his eyes that spoke to me.

I took in his features, his piercing gaze, the lines of sorrow etched into his face. He was a man burdened by centuries of pain and regret, yet there was a glimmer of hope in his eyes that I couldn't ignore. In that moment, I made a decision. I would stand by Vlad, no matter what trials lay ahead. For in him, I saw a kindred spirit, a soul searching for redemption in a world that had turned its back on him.

Vlad's eyes were admiring my features. I could not help but do the same. "You're so beautiful Katrina." In a matter of seconds his long fingers tugged a strand of my brown hair behind my ear. I was all smiling at him, when I saw his eyes turning red for a moment. "Vlad, your eyes? They are red. What's happening?" 

Please check out the trailer. I made it a bit late. I want you to get comfortable in figuring out the characters. I hope it helps.