Chapter 8

Upon entering the house, Elize was stunned by the condition of the interior. It could hardly be called a house; it was more of a makeshift shelter. The space was just one big open area with enclosed walls and a roof, and the floor was nothing but bare ground.

Noticing the slight change in Elize's expression after looking inside the house, Winston moved closer and asked, "Elize, are you okay? You don't like it?" He gently took her hands, turning her to face him. "I'll find another place if you don't like it here," he said, trying to cheer her up.

Elize smiled at his words, amused by how quickly Winston picked up on her likes and dislikes. It felt like he had known her for a long time, even though it had only been two days since they met.

She felt that she wouldn't be able to hide anything from him at this point. She was giggling as she was thinking by herself, leaving Winston confused with her sudden change of emotion.

Winston's expression was so funny that Elize couldn't help but burst into laughter. His brows furrowed deeply, almost touching, while an awkward smile tugged at his lips. The combination was priceless.

"Love, your face is hilarious. I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing when you make that face," she said between giggles. Her laughter made Winston relax, happy to see his mate cheerful again.

He smiles as he looks at his mate, "You make a fun of me?" He asked before he playfully picked her up and spun her around, making her laugh turn into a loud, joyful laugh.

It takes a few minutes for both of them to stop playing around before Elize talk her concern about the condition of their house.

"I like the location of this house, it far from the other houses but we can still see the centre from up here." She said as she took off the old pelt hanging on the windows. It feels so much brighter and cooler now that the light and wind come through it.

"But, we have a lot of work to be done before this house can really be called one, isn't it?" She asked him and waited for his opinion about this situation. She knows that he is a good builder, and he will probably build anything she asks him to willingly.

He looks around as he is trying to assess the potential of this house and how much damage that should be repaired. "It will only take a day or two for me to repair the walls and roof," he paused, "it will take at least a week if you want to take this down and rebuild a completely different house."

Elize shakes her head, she didn’t think the need to build a completely different house. A little makeover will do. It is enough if the house can keep them safe and warm during the cold season.

She didn't plan to stay here for a long time, but she thinks it is better to at least experience full whole season in a safer place before move to another village or city as she explore the world.

She wants to explore this world with her family because not much was explained in the novel except for the one that is involved around the MC.

Now that she was here, she could go anywhere and see the world with her own eyes, but not before she had a few more mates. It was rather safe than sorry to have a few mates that could protect her anytime and anywhere she went.

As for the number of her mates, she didn’t want to limit her quota. She will consider it as a potential candidate if she like their face and attitude. But most importantly, the one that can blend well with her family.

No fight and tricks were allowed in her household. She need to come up with the punishment if any of them dare to break the rules.

Winston silently watches her as she suddenly stops talking to him and gets lost in her mind instead. He approached her and said, "What are you thinking inside this little head of yours, my love?" while pinched her nose and kiss her forehead.

Elize grin, "Our future," she said as she wrapped her hand on his waist and snuggled on his chest.

Winston smiles at her silliness. "How did you go to the future when we were just talking about repairing our house?" He responded, making Elize blush with embarrassment.

"I just think of how we should make our house comfortable if there were few others joining us soon." She said with a muffled sound as she kept her face on his chest while she was talking.

Winston looks down, feeling betrayed, "Now you thinking of taking another mate, and a few more at that?" He asked, pretending to be hurt. He knows what she really meant, but looking at the way she reacts to his words, it only makes him want to tease her more.

Elize giggled as she felt a big and warm hand tickling the area of the sides of her belly. "Stop, it's tickled." She said as she laughed.

"Let's start cleaning this first. It's going to be late to check the stall if we kept playing around like this." Elize acts like a strict mom, but she can't hide her smiles.

Winston agreed and started to remove all the cobwebs from the roof and walls as Elize swept the floor using a makeshift broom crafted from dried grass she found outside the house.

After a while, both of them looked satisfied with how the house turned out to be. It wasn't perfect but bearable for now.

They can buy a few animal skins and place on the bedding that Winston made from wood and bundles of dried grass. They also planned to use some skins for a temporary door and window sills.

Elize held her hand up, waiting for a toss from Winston, but ended up hanging in the air as Winston didn't understand what she meant. She laughed and then showed him how to do it correctly.

"It's a way to celebrate when we've done something great and feel satisfied with the result," she said with a smile.

Winston nodded, and they walked down to the centre of the village to check the goods from the merchant.

As they walked down the road, they saw a lot more people going around the village than when they had first arrived. Many of them in their beast form, mostly sheep beastmen.

It felt strange to see so many animals roaming around, but Elize constantly reminded herself to act normal, knowing that they were all beastmen like Winston, capable of transforming into human form.

As she looked around while walking, she noticed a few males with black and grey horns on their heads working in the fields. Some were removing weeds while others were harvesting crops.

It was quite a sight to see, with a few smaller sheep—possibly their children—running around the adults, playing and learning how to do the work.

Finally, they found the spot where a few beastmen were selling their goods. There were animal skins and fur, some unusual-looking fruits, and even a merchant who sold salt.

Elize examined the animal skins hung on the wooden pole. To her, they all looked similar, differing only slightly in shades of brown and size.

They decided to buy two large animal skins and five smaller ones, which cost them two clear stone crystals. Afterwards, Winston purchased two rabbit furs and one red fox fur to make a set of clothes for Elize.

Lastly, they bought a bowl of salt for one more crystal. With their arms full of goods, mostly carried by Winston, they began the walk back home.

💌💌💌

Hello..

Actually, I don't remember what kind of coloured crystal are in the novel.

- a clear crystal for buying stuff and the green one for prolonged one's health and age.

Is there any other crystal mentioned in the novel that I can use as a reference later?

Feel free to write anything, you know. It'll be a great help for me if you do so 😉