Love and Loss

As Marcus took Alex into the office, the mood was serious, but not such that Alex sensed something terrible was about to happen.

Marcus: "Take a seat man. You're not in trouble. Not at all."

Alex: "That's a relief to hear. Most of the time I get singled out by the man in charge it was for trouble."

Marcus chuckled, then continued. "I'm going to talk to the girls later, but I wanted to hear your side of the story first. What happened from your side these past few shifts?"

Alex: "Well, night one was pretty chill until about 12, when Bonnie started acting menacing, and then at 2 Chica showed up. The doors were almost dead, so I bolted, and Foxy grabbed me. We spent the rest of the night talking about what life is like, and she gave me some valuable intel. Night 2, that package you asked me about was a treat for each of the girls to try to show I'm not a bad man, and it swayed Bonnie enough to make her chill. We spent the rest of the night in the employee garage working on my 429. Third shift, when I arrived I found Bonnie in the garage. Gave her the keys, and told her that if she had to go, to punch it. I found Foxy and Mangle, heard Bonnie take off, Freddy tried to kill me for the first time, and started work repairing the foxes. Took them home for more repairs at the end of the night before Freddy got me, and knocked me out. The last I saw was a blue thing, probably Bonnie hit Freddy and then felt someone pick me up, and then I blacked out. Came in today having spent most of the daylight hours repairing the foxes, and then faced off with Freddy verbally. Went to parts and services, got knocked out by Freddy again, and found myself tied to a chair. Freddy monologues, I get free, and then the rest of the girls barge in. No idea how they got here, but anyways, Foxy calls out, Freddy lunges, knocks me down but misses the killing blow, I pull my handgun in fear for my life, get free, and then you arrived."

Marcus: "Holy shit dude, you ok? You really should be getting checked out by the doctor."

Alex: "I think I'm fine, but what time is it?"

Marcus: "About 2:20, why do you ask?"

Alex: "Huh. Coulda swore it was 12."

Marcus is immediately far more concerned but says nothing of it. "Either way, take care, man. And dont worry about anything that happened for closure and the like, it's on me."

Alex: "Thanks, man. I'll call the girls in for you if you're done with me?"

Marcus: "Sure, call Bonnie. I'm doing this one at a time, not all at once. This office is far too small for that."

Alex chuckles, nods, and exits Marcus's office. Heading back into the main room, he sees that Freddy and the rest of the crew are having a stare-down, no words or actions, just glaring at the other side.

Alex broke the silence, though. "Hey Bonnie, Marcus wanted to talk to you."

Bonnie looked slightly shocked and then walked towards the office behind him. Heading towards his guard office at the other end of the convention center, he felt slightly ill but thought nothing of it. "It's the right season for a head cold." He reasoned with himself, clearly not aware of what was about to occur. 

Shortly after he entered his office, he heard Foxy walk up to his office as well. Seeing the red fox's still-damaged state reminded him of his commitment to repairing her, something he made a mental note of.

Foxy: "Hey, Alex? You alright? You've been knocked out twice in two days now, so you should be taking it easy."

Alex: "I'm fine, Foxy. Trust me." He said whilst standing up, gesturing for her to follow him. "C'mon, I said I would fix you."

Foxy hesitantly followed, keeping a close eye on him. He had a little bit more sway in his step than usual and just looked a bit less steady in general. When they arrived in Parts and Services, Foxy laid down on the table, before Alex leaned down to power her off. The last thought she had was the horror of seeing his eyes mismatched in how much they were dilating, a clear sign of a concussion. Then blackout.