The First Night

Marcus and Alex arrived at the office, about fifteen minutes before the start of Alex's shift. Frank took him through the doors, decently thick steel doors with a battery-powered electric lock should he need to hunker down for any reason. There was also a camera system, covering most of the location, and the system was equipped with 2-way audio so Alex could hear and talk to the girls remotely. 

Marcus: "And that's how everything works. Got all that?"

Alex: "I think so. One last question, how much battery life do the door locks have?"

Marcus: "I think about two or three hours apiece? it's not designed to be a way to lock yourself in permanently, just until backup arrives from either the Police or myself."

Alex: "Right-O boss. It's coming on 10, you should probably head home."

Marcus. "Oh, yeah. I'll lock up, so don't worry about shutting the door behind me. Have a good shift."

Alex: "See you later Marcus."

With that, Marcus left for the night. A moment later, Alex heard the lock of the door be set, a loud, echoing noise that conveyed a strange sense of serenity mixed with danger. Nothing can get in, but nothing can get out either...

A few minutes later, he heard the clock strike ten. As Marcus had explained during the tour, the building went pitch black for a moment before having a few small lights flick on. Marcus had described it as a power-saving measure, to reduce the complex's already massive energy bill. The downside is that the lighting almost perfectly matched that of a horror movie, setting Alex even more on edge. He just put on some headphones and started some of his preferred tunes.

The night shift is relatively uneventful, until about 12 AM that is. Checking the cams, as he had been sporadically for the past two hours, he saw that the purple-blue bunny had disappeared from the main stage. Frantically, all while muttering to himself that he lost an Anime-tronic, he shut off his music and searched the cams before locating Bonnie in the main dining area, just out of the view of the stage camera.

Flipping on the PA system, Alex said: "Hey Bonnie, what are you doing off the stage? And a better question, are you even allowed to come offstage?"

Bonnie, in a cold tone very unlike her friendly one earlier: "None of your business nightguard."

Alex: "Okay, no need to be rude. Sorry."

Darkly, Bonnie said: "You will be sorry."

With that, Alex shut off the cams, feeling like taking this job may have been a big mistake.

A few minutes before 2 AM, Alex had his first face-to-face encounter with an animatronic. Chica was at his right-hand-side door, and the look on her face made Alex activate the lock out of sheer nerves.

Chica: "Unlock the door, honey."

Alex: "No, go away Chica."

Chica: "C'mon Alex, just open the door."

Alex: "No Chica. Please leave me alone."

Chica, in a demonic voice that very much wasn't her own, then demanded: "Open the door now, and I'll grant you a quick death."

Alex: "Holy shit, that's definitely staying locked. What's the charge on the batteries?"

Taking a moment to look at the meter, he immediately panicked and started searching for something to barricade the door.

Chica, in a voice that still wasn't her own, but not as demonic, said: "Uh, oh... Someone must have forgotten to recharge the door lock! And by the way you're panicking, I'll be able to let myself in momentarily!"