27. "Secrets."

Your eyes peered down slowly, lips pursed as you examined the bandages on your thigh. Supposedly, you shattered the mirror in your bathroom and… well, the shards pierced through. Haruto described it as “extremely gore-ish”, then again, he was quite weak to blood. So much for his eyes being a ruby red. 

“Damn it kinda looks bad…” You whispered, realizing it actually is sort of… bad. 

And it's your fault!

How unfortunate. Your classmates were all off on their little special hero internships, and you, however, were just sitting on your bed. Doing what? Nothing. Why? Because your stupid ass decided to be in a coma for… uh… how long again…?

Damn. Your usual thing- forgetting. Love it.

“A week.” Oji replied to the question you had asked him. A shock of horror commenced on your face. 

A week?!” You screamed, scaring the ever loving shit out of Niko. Poor cat, he's really tired of you now at this point. You forgot him, and now he practically dislikes you for it. The cat with emerald eyes ran away to another part of the home. “What a waste of time…” Though, it was not completely a waste of time. After “saving” Atlas, One for All has had a strange awakening in you of some sort. 

Oji sighed and shrugged, “It's whatever. How's… uh… that other power doing in ya?”

You looked over at him, confused at what he was trying to get at. “Other power?”

“One for All. You know, All Might did… enlighten us on that. You do know your body is rejecting it, right?”

“Uh… what?” You blinked.

“Oh my fucking… Haruto!” Oji grabbed a fistful of his hair, seeing that you were ever so slightly stressing him out. 

-

“Good evening, [Name],” Shimura greeted you with a soft smile plastered onto her lips. Irritated eyes met calm ones, “I take it you have plenty of questions?”

“Yeah. A bunch.” You crossed your arms, turning away to try and figure out how to phrase your words. You just wanted to take a peaceful nap, but you figured this wouldn't be such a bad interaction after all, especially what Oji and Haruto had updated you on. “One for All. It's… different now. I actually feel better using it.” The female nodded, her raven tress flowing. “It courses through my body, and [favorite color] specks are just everywhere. It doesn't make any sense— like… why was I not able to even do this at… first?”

Truth be told, you did not remember whether or not you could fully handle One for All properly at first. It was simply a lucky guess from the current you.

Shimura nodded, “You just needed to let it flow through naturally. Let the quirk take its course in you.” Her dark eyes shimmered with light. “But… you did just that,” her expression she held was now soft and relieved. “I'm not worried about you at all, [Surname].”

A realization then hit you, “You're that… voice… from before, yeah?”

Shimura chuckled slightly, her yellow cape billowing in the darkness’ winds. 

“That is… ugh,” you groaned, shaking your head. Your eyes twitched in confusion, “But I'm still rejecting One for All, yeah?”

“... Unfortunately,” the female frowned. “But I have a request; keep in mind One for All. Try to use it more than your atomic manipulation. It will damage you less.”

“The atomic manipulation hasn't… it doesn't even have a drawback.”

“... [Name].”

“...?”