Chapter 31-35

Chapter 31

Jing Xian felt unlucky. It was her first time going out at night after coming here and she encountered such a disgusting thing.

She was about to pretend she didn't hear it when she heard the woman gasping, "You're so impatient. My husband is going back to his hometown to pick up his mother. Can't you just come to our house directly?"

The man's voice was slurred: "No! I like being outside!"

"You're not afraid of the cold, but I am! What if someone catches me? I'm going to be a dead person."

Although the woman said this, there was no sign of worry in her tone. You could tell from her voice that this was not the first time, and it was unknown how many times this had happened.

How shameless.

How dare you cheat on your wife these days? Don't you want to die?

The man said, "Take good care of our son. It doesn't matter whether he recognizes me as his father or not. What matters is that you two must live well."

"You are so shameless." The woman cursed with a smile.

"Don't you just like me being so shameless?" The man chuckled and pushed harder.

The two of them didn't say anything else and just focused on their work.

Jing Xian could hear it from quite far away.

When she got home, the two children were still awake. When they saw her coming back, they closed their eyes and went to sleep. Jing Xian's unhappiness faded a little, and she took off her clothes and lay in bed, but she still felt nauseous.

Fortunately, I didn't eat much at night, otherwise I would have vomited out the overnight meal.

In her previous life, she had seen quite a few of these in the village.

For example, the wife in the next village followed another man. Everyone knew about it, but no one caught her in the act. Her husband was a coward and didn't even dare to fart. It was because the family was poor, they couldn't afford to eat, and they had several children to raise. He was incompetent, so his wife followed someone else. He couldn't even tell whose children they were.

Whoever the child is born into will raise him or her.

No one fought over the children.

Women who cheat on their husbands can't even tell the difference. The men outside have families and careers, and it is even more impossible for them to bring back illegitimate children. Women with green hats on their heads don't have the courage to make a fuss, for fear of embarrassment.

In short, there are quite a few such things happening in the village.

In the first few years, such incidents became less frequent, and no one knew what was going on behind the scenes.

At least a girl as old as Jingxian doesn't know this.

At this time, deep in the mountains.

Shang Nanchen hid in the cave with a serious look on his face.

He ran a lap before dark and found that some people's physical strength could not keep up. Many people could not hold on. If it weren't for the help of their comrades, they would have been eliminated long ago.

Chen Dongping was holding a cigarette in his mouth, looking at the stars in the sky, and wrapped in his military coat while talking to Shang Nanchen: "What do you think is the purpose of this training? Is it to make our soldiers suffer? It's winter, and it's minus 20 degrees Celsius at night. This year is the coldest in history. Look at the heavy snow a while ago, it's comparable to the snow we had in several years. It was fine in previous years, but isn't it intentional to torture people this year?"