Prologue

"Mum, can't I just stay at home?" you sighed. You were sitting in front of the mirror with your mother standing behind you, braiding your long raven hair. You wore an elegant white kimono with a blue and pink floral pattern, made especially for tonight's dinner with the Zenin clan. They had invited your family to their estate in Kyoto for dinner to celebrate Naoya's 14th birthday.

     "I've talked to your dad, but you know how he is. He won't take no for an answer, plus this is the best for the Hayashi clan. We will be recognized by the three great sorcerer clans, " your mum explained, emphasizing her efforts to get you out of this but ended up failing.

     You had met Zenin Naoya a few times before and hated him wholeheartedly. You swore he was the worst person alive.

12th November 1997, The Zenin Estate

     Your parents and you went to the Zenin estate for a business meeting. While the elders were in their meeting, you waited outside with Naoya. Both your dad and his dad encouraged you two to get to know each other. Being the bubbly and extroverted kid, you were the first to talk to him.

     "Hi!!! I'm Hayashi (y/n). What's your name? " you introduced yourself to the stoic boy who showed no interest in you.

     He glanced at you before walking away. You were puzzled by his behaviour. Couldn't he at least smile? He doesn't have to be so rude, you just wanted to know his name.

     "Hey, wait! I just want to be friends," you decided to follow him.

     "Stop following me. I don't want to befriend a girl. Girls are weak, " he said without even looking at you.

     "How arrogant, " you muttered before walking in the opposite direction, making your way towards the garden that caught your eyes the second you arrived at the estate.

     As you recalled your first encounter with Naoya, someone knocked on the door. "We are leaving in ten minutes, " you heard your dad's voice from the other side of the door.

     You looked at yourself in the mirror one last time before going out of your room with your mum following behind. Your dad and your family driver were already waiting in the car. Your journey to the Zenin estate began as everyone was ready. Along the journey, you didn't utter a word, instead, you were lost in your thoughts, eyes on the picturesque scenery outside. Your fingers played with the hem of your kimono sleeve, nervous about what was going to happen tonight.

8th June 2000, The Hayashi Estate

     You overheard the conversation between your mum and dad. Zenin Naobito and his son were coming to the Hayashi estate. You heard they said something about Naoya becoming the next clan head and Naobito agreeing to a deal your dad had offered him. What they said after that wasn't clear but you hoped it didn't have anything to do with you.

     Right after dinner, the Zenins, your dad and you sat together in the common room.

     Naobito brought out a file containing a few pieces of paper. "Shall we start now? " he asked your dad.

     Your dad nodded. "Naoya, (y/n), we agree to marry Naoya to (y/n) once
(y/n) reaches 20 years old," Naobito announced, his eyes on you and his son.

     "It is important for you to have a wife as you are going to be the next head of the Zenin clan," he told Naoya, "And from this agreement, I'll recommend Shigeru to join the higher-ups at the jujutsu headquarters and the Hayashi clan will always sell their cursed tool to the Zenin clan first before anyone else. Hayashi Shigeru, do we have a deal? "

     "Yes," your dad shook Naobito's hand as both of them signed the paper. You and Naoya exchanged glances. You could see how annoyed he was. On the other hand, you were shocked because they didn't even ask how you and Naoya felt about this.

     Once the Zenins returned to their estate, you ran to your dad. So many questions flooded your head.

     "Dad, what's all this? I don't want to marry him, " you pouted, angry at your dad for not discussing this matter with you first.

     "You have to. It's for our clan, " your dad replied.

     "But-"

     "Stop it. This is the final decision."

     You were the only child and the only sorcerer of the next Hayashi clan generation that is grade one. You had four cousins, three boys and one girl. However, since you were a girl, you couldn't be the next clan head, instead, you were arranged to marry the heir of the Zenin clan.

     All of this happened without your consent. All clans in the jujutsu society care only about power and position, neglecting the happiness of the next generation. Without realizing it, they forced everyone into this ordeal and you wonder when this kind of belief will end.

A/N: Give a vote if you find this interesting ❤