Chapter: 6

Dante Ferrari's POV

"Mind if I get a glass of water?" I asked, holding out a glass. Aria was too lost in her thoughts, cutting onions as tears dripped from her eyes. Why was she crying? Why wasn't she responding? "Aria," I called her name. She turned and noticed me.

"Yeah?" she answered, sniffing. She noticed the tears and rubbed her eyes. Oh no—onions! She screamed and ran to the sink, having rubbed her hands to her eyes. She washed them quickly, calming down as the burning stopped.

"Mom and Dad are fighting," I said, filling the glass with water.

She laughed. "Yeah, they always do," she said, laughing slowly before getting lost in her thoughts again.

"Shall I prepare an Italian dish?" I asked.

"Can you make spaghetti?" she asked, glaring at me.

"SURE," I said, and she laughed. I told her which vegetables to cut into tiny pieces, but she kept looking at them with disgust. I guess she's not a fan of vegetables. She chopped them reluctantly while I did the rest of the work. Oh shit, I forgot she was sick! She handed me the chopped vegetables in a basket.

"Here," she said.

"You must be having back pain. Sit down," I said, holding out a chair for her. She smiled and sat down. The twins argued about something and stormed into their rooms.

"What do you think I should wear for my date?" she asked while I was testing if the spaghetti was ready. I choked on the food and started coughing. She grabbed a glass of water and made me drink it.

"I thought the plan was off when you fell sick," I said, still coughing.

She looked confused. "No way. I'm still going."

I felt my heart twist for a second. "Oh, alright," I said.

"So, no answer to my question—what do I wear tonight?" she asked.

"I do not know," I said directly, feeling jealous. Why is she trying to get answers from me? She could ask her date or whatever! I put the side dish with the spaghetti on a huge plate. She got up and started setting plates for all of us with forks. Luna and Alex came downstairs at Aria's orders. I like a woman who is powerful but also a baby on the inside. I need Alex to cancel this goddamn date.

Everyone served themselves. Thank god these twins are Italian because if they ate the wrong way, I would chop their heads off. Luna grabbed the spicy sauce from the fridge.

"Oh no, you wouldn't," I warned.

She laughed. "Chillax, I put it to the side," she said, laughing.

I nodded. Aria ate normally. I looked at her plate and saw she had separated the dried tomatoes, mushrooms, spring onions, and even the freaking tuna!

"Aria, why don't you eat those?" I asked, pissed off.

"I don't like them," she said in disgust. I looked at Alex, and he shrugged. I saw he was also separating the dried tomatoes. Luna was the only one eating like a proper adult.

"Don't mind me, I get chills if I eat dried tomatoes," Alex said. Luna rolled her eyes. Aria grabbed my plate towards herself.

"Why did you put mayo and spicy sauce on the side?" she asked like a kid, still munching on her food.

"I can dip my fork and take a little of it and eat with my spaghetti," I said kindly.

"Can you feed me?" she asked, holding her fork in her mouth. I nodded. She sat beside me. I served her some on her plate. She separated the vegetables like a pro in a few seconds. I dipped mayo and spicy sauce in a corner and fed her. She lit up.

"It's delicious like this," she said, smiling. I continued feeding her and ate myself as well.

"Luna," I heard Aria. I looked at her, and she was about to trouble me. I was eating small spaghetti; she held out the other end. I acted like I didn't know. I got closer to her lips, and she blushed immediately.

"He knew," Luna said, bursting into laughter. I got closer. She cut the spaghetti and turned her face in embarrassment. I saw Alex holding his fork really tight, looking pissed. His lips twitched. He usually does that, I guess, when he gets angry.

(Next chapter on 13th June)