Chapter 15

Anna's POV
I am crying and coughing and everything in my body is just hurting rn. Currently my head was in Luke's lap. I could feel a poke in my arm. It hurted for a bit. And as the time passed. I felt less pain. I felt good. I felt less restless.

"Anna, how u feeling?" Luke asked in very soft voice. With his hands on my wrist and him sitting beside me on my bed. "Better than before" I replied in a low voice. "Can u tell me your symptoms" he asked calmly while checking for my temperature. "I have body ache, and chest pain a little bit"

Yes. Chest pain.

As soon as I finished my sentence I could see Micheal and Ashton at the door of my room. Both came rushing to my beside. "How is she, what happened?" Micheal asked.

Calum spoke " she's having hight fever, for which we administed fever reducer, she's having body ache and chest pain" he completed his sentence here.

"She was breathless too a while ago" Luke added.

"Ok, let's take a look at what is happening" Ashton said coming to my side and motioning Luke to leave his place so that Ashton can settle down there.

Ashton kept his right hand on my wrist and the other one going to my head to feel the temperature. Alongside, he took my pulse for a good one minute.

"Are u feeling tired?" He asked.

"Ya" a small voice came out of my mouth.

"I need you to sit up for me for the next part, cuz I need to listen to your lungs and heart, here let me help you"  saying this he slipped a hand under shoulder and helped me to sit up. Micheal came and sat near my back he supported my other shoulder.

Ashton gave me a smile and started with the exam. He put the diaphragm of stethoscope lightly on my chest to hear heart sounds. He listened at four sites on the chest. "You did good, now I want you to just take some deep breaths in and out whenever I place this stethoscope on you" he said as he placed his other hand on my back to support me.

He listened for longer time than I expected. I know something is wrong. His expressions are quite serious. Yep something's definitely not good.
"Ok, so I'm just gonna check your lymph nodes" with that he started to check under my jaw. As he completed the exam he gave Luke a serious look. "Anna you have lung infection, it's not very serious but if not taken care of right now it won't turn out good" he said in a serious tone.
"As I said it's not very bad, so we can just treat you are home, take rest I'll be back with the meds in some time" saying this he removed the stethoscope from his neck handed it over to Luke. He said something to luke but idk what he said.
With that everyone left except Micheal.

Luke's POV

Calum came back with the fever reducer. He carefully administered injection in her hand. I brought cold cloth to keep on her head. The aspirin in the injection was working like wonders and she calmed down pretty soon.

But she was very tired and sick. Oh goshhh!! She was sick this whole time, and couldn't prepare and give her exam because of this, and I didn't even heard her in her professor's office as well as on our way back home. The realisation hitting me and putting me in guilt this time.

Ashton came with Micheal. They took the charge to look after her. She was sitting in her bed. Her temperature went down but not normal.
Ashton continued her physical exam.
He put the diaphragm of stethoscope of her chest. He asked her to take deep breaths. He went on checking her lungs for more than I while. I sensed what he was about to say. Yes it was lung infection. While leaving the room Ashton came near me and said "I am going to put her on high dose medicine otherwise she won't recover fully it's not bad but not very safe infection in her lungs."

I stood there for a second or too. I send a reassuring smile to Anna and left to talk to Ashton.

"What were you saying rn in her room" i said while stopping him as he was walking.

"It's a nasty infection Luke, what u doing here, I gave u this stethoscope to check on her, not to come behind me" ashron said

"But why do u want me to check it, I know u already did that " i said to him.

"Just listen once, nd u will understand, btw this type of infection won't happen all of a sudden, was she feeling fine this morning or afternoon " he asked me.

I'm guilty. I told him the whole incident at her school.

"Nvm, the damage is already done, if u would have brought her a bit early that infection wouldn't have spread this much." He said in a disappointing tone.
Ashton was very mad and felt bad cuz she is his patient. He feels like this when his patients land up in more painful situations because of others ignorance, more like parents nd guardians ignorance. He is very protective for his patients' health. Saying this he left to bring home the meds.