twenty one

Emelia's heart was beating so hard it felt like it would pop out of her chest. Her tight jeans made it feel like she was suffocating as she reread the text from her manager.

Failure to fulfill your obligations to said contract will result in legal action.

God, how could she be so stupid?!

It's like she could feel the blood rushing through her veins, her mouth felt like she hadn't had a droplet of water in days, her body shaking as she sat on the soft bed in her New York City hotel room alone.

Her shaking fingers quickly made their way to her contacts, tears spilling down her face as she presses call.

"Baby?" A groggy Kit slurs out, Emelia silently scolds herself through her tears.

"I'm so sorry.." Was all Emelia could get out before breaking into sobs, pulling her knees into her chest.

"Hey, hey, Eli.." His voice was concerned and much more awake. Emelia's chest felt like it was getting tighter and tighter as she cried, sobs turning into gasps as the clawed at Kit's t-shirt she was wearing.

"Eli, baby, everything going to go be okay, just take a deep breath." Kit sounded desperate as he tried to get his girlfriend to breathe, but her gasps only continued.

"Baby, please... Please, just listen to me, listen to the sound of my voice. Emelia, I love you so fucking much, you need to calm down before you make yourself sick. Breathe with me darling." Kit was barely holding himself together as he listened to his girlfriend try to copy his breathing.

"Good, good job honey, everything's gonna be okay, i'm right here, it's going to be okay. Fuck, I wish I could be there with you right now." Emelia finally calls herself down, tears still gliding down her cheeks.

"I- I signed a contract a few years ago. It was about PR moves and... and I agreed to fake a relationship for PR. I- I was a child! I didn't understand what was going on, i'm so fucking sorry, I love you too, and i'm not even supposed to tell you this but I couldn't hurt you like that! I tried to get out of it but my manager threatened a lawsuit if I broke the contract and i'm so fucking dumb, Kit. Fuck. I'm so so sorry, I-I understand if you want to break up because I couldn't bare to see you with another girl even if it was fake and I don't ever want to hurt you like that so i'm giving you an out. I love you so much but I can't hurt you like this." Emelia word-vomited, tears streaming down her face.

The silence through the phone was deafening.

It feel like her heart was squeezed so hard that it shattered into a million pieces, the blonde's body shaking with silent sobs as the tightened the grip on her phone.

"Who would you have to fake date?" Kit's voice was shaky and small.

Emelia's head was pounding, she was practically choking on her own breath trying to get it out.

"...Roseanne."