𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐔𝐬

𝙀𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡 𝙭 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚

             𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙮𝙤𝙪-𝘼𝙗𝙗𝙞𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙈𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙩

                             ╰┈➤ 【START】

: ̗̀➛ It was a typical Tuesday morning at Paper School. The sun filtered through the blinds of Claire's room, casting soft rays across her desk littered with textbooks and notes. She took a deep breath, pushing away the anxiety that knotted in her stomach. Today was a big day—midterms. Claire always felt the pressure of exams, but Engel's presence had a way of calming her nerves.

She gathered her things, neatly packing them into her bag, and headed to the door. As she stepped outside, she saw Engel waiting by the gate, his usual warm smile greeting her.

"Morning, Claire," Engel said, his voice gentle and reassuring.

"Morning, Engel," Claire replied, her lips curving into a small smile despite her anxiety.

"Ready for today?" he asked, falling into step beside her.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she sighed. "I just hope I remember everything."

"You've got this," Engel encouraged. "You've studied hard. And if you forget something, just take a deep breath and it'll come back to you."

They walked in comfortable silence, the sound of their footsteps mingling with the chirping birds and the distant hum of students chatting as they made their way to school. Claire found solace in Engel's presence, his calm demeanor a stark contrast to the whirlwind of thoughts in her mind.

When they reached the school gates, Claire paused, her heart rate spiking as she stared at the imposing building.

"Hey," Engel said softly, touching her arm. "You're not alone, Claire. I'm right here with you."

She looked up at him, grateful for his support. "Thanks, Engel. I don't know what I'd do without you."

They entered the school together, navigating the crowded hallways until they reached Claire's locker. As she swapped out her books, Engel leaned against the lockers, watching her with a thoughtful expression.

"Do you want to study together during lunch?" he asked. "We can go over anything you're unsure about."

"That would be great," Claire said, closing her locker. "It always helps to review with you."

The morning classes flew by in a blur. Claire found herself more focused than usual, buoyed by Engel's constant reassurances. When lunchtime finally arrived, they made their way to their usual spot under a large oak tree in the school courtyard. The shade provided a cool respite from the warm sun, and the quiet space was perfect for studying.

Engel spread out a blanket for them to sit on, and they both pulled out their books. They spent the next hour quizzing each other, discussing complex concepts, and sharing tips. Claire felt more confident with each passing minute.

As the lunch period drew to a close, Engel closed his book and looked at Claire, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Alright, one last question. What's the most important thing to remember during the exam?"

Claire frowned, thinking hard. "Stay calm and focus on what I know?"

"Exactly," Engel said, his smile widening. "And remember, no matter what happens, it's just an exam. It doesn't define you."

Claire felt a surge of affection for him. "You always know just what to say, Engel. Thank you."

He shrugged modestly. "I just want you to be happy."