Chapter 6 - Sweet Nightmares

"Giyu! Can you place down the tarp?" Masato called out from about 6 meters away. Him and Tsutako were walking hand in hand with a basket of food. Giyu was so excited about the picnic that he ran ahead of them.

"Okay!" Giyu called back at him. He unfolded the tarp so that they could sit on the grass. The scenery was beautiful with a forest on the right side and a beautiful pond on the other, they did walk 1 hour after all so it would be fitting that they had their picnic somewhere nice.

Once the tarp was on the ground Masato and Tsutako sat on it after Giyu. Tsutako was making the food while Giyu was conversing with Masato. As it turned out Giyu really liked having Masato around. He was kind of the father figure in Giyu's life. Masato on the other hand greatly appreciated Giyu and how earnest he was. He saw him as a little brother and would do anything for him.

"Hey, can one of you get wood so that we can cook the food?" Tsutako asked the two boys. Giyu immediately volunteered and Masato also joined in. Tsutako figured she should get both of them to get some wood to start a fire and both were pretty happy about it.

"We'll be back Nee-san!" Giyu waved goodbye to his sister.

"We will be back, Tsutako-chan." Masato waved goodbye to his fiancee.

Giyu turned to look at Masato with a weird expression on his face.

"Heyyyy since when did you two get so chummy with each other?" Giyu asked them curiously.

"Ohhh ummm Giyu don't worry about it." Tsutako said as she tried to brush off Giyu's accusation.

"Sigh Get a room already." Giyu groaned.

"We already did." Masato piped in.

"What??"

"What?"

"Masato-kun! Don't tell him about such things! I don't want my Giyu to know about what grown ups do!" She squealed. Clearly not wanting Giyu to know of what Masato and her did during one night. After all, if Giyu found out, he would view her differently and she wouldn't want that in the slightest.

"Sorry..." Masato chuckled.

"Hmph!." Tsutako pouted.

'I wonder what they mean by doing grown-up things.... ' Giyu pondered to himself.

"Hey Giyu let's get going. We wouldn't want to wait for Tsutako-chan's delicious cooking!" Masato said with a smile. Giyu gave him a nod in response and the two men went into the forest to collect branches.

Along the trek, Giyu and Masato start a conversation. They talk about how life was going and then the subject of Giyu's school came up.

"Oh school? I think I am doing alright." Giyu replied nonchalantly.

"How are your studies going?"

"Not bad. I understand most of the math they give. However, I do struggle in literature. It's hard to understand the kanji for different words, you know?" Giyu said.