Prologue

Tessa Turner's eyes slowly opened to the sound of her obnoxious alarm blaring in the early morning.

Here she was, another Thursday morning at 6am not wanting to get up and go to school. At least it was almost the weekend. Sure she had good friends, but she would much rather just stay home and read books all day.

Unlike other teens her age, Tessa and her friends were nerds to the fullest. They enjoyed doing science experiments, coding, building robots, making culinary masterpieces with chemistry, etc. The other students at Maywood Glen Academy just didn't seem to understand.

With a groan she crawled out of bed to get ready for the day. Another day of highschool where nobody but her friends would notice her, but that was just how Tessa liked it. She preferred to be ignored and left alone to read her novels, then to be bothered by other members of society who would just interrupt her story.

It was a wonder sometimes how she even had become friends with her besties Adrienne Attoms, Bryden Bandweth, and Camryn Coyle.

In Tessa's opinion these girls were the only people she would ever willingly put her book down for. That was until the new girl came along and changed everything.