Chapter 4

"Look! There is dog kibble, an old can of beans and dust" said Cam looking around.
"Even I wouldn't know what to do with that. And I'm the best Culinary Chemist in America" replied Adri.

    Mckeyla was trying to tune them out while watching the news, trying to find any information she could on Prince Xander's flight.

    "Ah the fun times just keep getting better" Stated the Prince.
    "There'll be plenty of time for fun in space, if we can find out whos after you before it's too late" Mckeyla stated.
    "How can we help?" Asked Bryden, Tessa silently thanked her wildly chatty friend for doing the talking for her.
    "Get your laptops" Replied Mckeyla after looking at the tv and back again.
    "Will do" "You got it boss lady" "absolutely" "gotcha" the four girls replied simultaneously.
    "Hold on there chief. If you're busy sleuthing, and my staff is off doing various tasks, then what am I supposed to do?" Asked Xander.
    "Oh right! We can't have a bored blue blood. How about...read a book?" Said Mckeyla tossing a book in the Prince's direction, which he just let fall to the floor next to him.
"I've already read one"
    "Well guess what? There are more"
    "I'm cool. Not smart"
    "Well then I don't know. Isn't there some space training exercise you can do?"

    Xander then decided he was going to use the pool to 'practice his waterlandings'. This made Mckeyla nervous cause obviously the Prince could easily drown, so she sent Adri outside with him to keep an eye on him while Bryden, Cam, Tessa and herself would be doing the sleuthing.

    "That dude's car and jacket had the same emblem on them" announced Mckeyla to the group huddled around their laptops.
    "Plus he was creepy" added Cam.
    "Super Creepy" said Bry.
    "What could it be?" asked Tessa.
    "Probably some evil organization he works for or something" said Cam.
    "A.D.I.S.N. Did you find anything?" Mckeyla asked her high tech notebook.
    "It appears the insignia in question is the corporate logo of an international cyber-security firm known as black star" replied A.D.I.S.N.
    "Black star? Sounds dark and...pointy" replied Cam.
    "Black star! That's the company that just donated all those computers to Africa." stated Tessa, grateful to finally be useful.
    Bryden found a video of the company from a recent interview. The girls noticed that guy that they had seen following them was in the background of the interview. Why would a cyber security company want to kidnap the prince, or stop his launch?

Just then a loud splash was heard drawing the four girls from their search and out into the back yard with the Prince.

    When they got outside there was loud music playing and a bunch of random people floating around in the pool with Xander. The most startling part of all, Adri was nowhere to be seen.
"What's going on? Where's Adri" Mckeyla asked in a panic.
    "The neighbors wanted to come over for a swim. I couldn't possibly say no. Not a very neighborly thing to do. At least, I don't think it is. I don't have neighbors. I live in a castle" said Prince Xander with a flourish.
Mckeyla was clearly annoyed by this.
"Keep an eye on His Royal Floatiness, I'm gonna go find Adri" she said to which Cam and Bry nodded.
"M wait. I'll come with you to help find her" said Tessa, slightly running to catch up with Mckeyla.

"Don't talk to me like that! I said I'll handle it!" Julian said into her phone with a hushed whisper type yell. Then she shut her phone and threw it into her purse, when she jumped in surprise, not having noticed Mckeyla and Tessa behind her.
"You haven't seen Adri have you?" questioned Mckeyla.
"She somehow disappeared," replied Tessa.
"No, sorry," Julian replied.

The two girls walked back outside with confusion. When they got back Adri, Cam and Bryden were all huddled around a table with some random ingredients. But there was one small problem, now the prince was the one missing.
"Where did he go?" Asked Mckeyla, once again panicking.
That's when the other 3 turned around and noticed he was gone.
"He was just floating here a second ago," said Cam.
"I'm sorry, I started cooking and..." replied Adri.
"We got a little distracted" Bryden finished for Adri.
Mckeyla made a sound of frustration and went back around the house to look for him. She found no prince and none of his staff in sight.

"He's not here and neither is his staff" Mckeyla stated.
"Oh no!"
"The bad guys got him!"
"What are we going to do?"
"You know what? I think you guys have done enough. It was my job to protect the Prince, and I failed. I failed everyone in every way. If anything happens to him, it's all my fault!"
"You can't blame yourself" Bryden tried to reassure Mckeyla.
"Yes, I can, Bry. You know why? Because I knew I was better off handling this case on my own. I can't work well with others, and it seems aside from Tessa, you guys would rather mess around, than get serious. None of you have what it takes to be a real agent. Not one. Tessa has skills, but lacks the confidence in them. While the rest of you are confident but clueless. Now, I'm going to find the Prince and take care of this myself. Like I should have done in the first place." Mckeyla finished with an exasperated huff and walked away, leaving Cam, Bry, Tessa, and Adri alone at the 'safe' house.