Chapter 2

As it turned out, they were right about Mckeyla being the one to hack into Mr. Coyle's laptop, so as promised Tessa went along with her friends to follow Mckeyla and try and find something 'worth catching'.

The four were currently following Mckeyla home (unbenounced to her) to see if they could catch her in the act of doing something bad.

After using Cam's sound catcher and Bry's camera pen, they were able to see and hear what was going on in Mckeyla's house. They four were geeking out over all the cool tech stuff they were saying when they accidentally grabbed the attention of Mckeyla.
"Who the heck is this girl?" Cam asked
"Who wants to know?" Mckeyla turned the camera on the camera pen to face herself, frightening the other four girls.

"Spying on me?" Mckeyla asked, appearing in front of the four girls waving the camera pen in their faces.
"Please don't hurt us. We were just...." the girls tried to cover for themselves with a lie but their super smart minds were currently drawing blanks.
"Just uhhhh"
"Spying on me" Mckeyla finished for them "Isn't that right Adrienne Attoms? or was it your idea Bryden Bandweth? Or yours Camryn Coyle? Or even yours Tessa Turner?" Mckeyla continued to interrogate the four girls standing in front of her.
"She knows us" Bryden stated nervously.
"Of course I do. My organization researches all my new schools before I arrive. They say you guys are the four smartest girls at Maywood Glen Academy."
"The four smartest?" "Not too shabby" "Not surprised" "at least she knows who am" the girls all mumbled their thoughts simultaneously.
"I'm surprised" came the electronic voice again.
"A talking notebook?" Asked Adrienne.
"I knew it!" exclaimed Camryn.
"Lets hope you know enough not to tell anybody what you saw here today" Mckeyla said seriously.
"We won't say a word, but please don't hurt us" Bryden yelped.
Mckeyla looked confused at first, then began to laugh before replying "Relax, i'm one of the good guys...girls".
"Phew omg she's not gonna kill us" Bry said nervously.
"Look, I'm here on a highly classified mission. That's all I can say" Mckeyla replied. "By the way, cool listening device! Did you make that?" She asked curiously.
"Yeah, thanks. I call it my Sound Catcher" said Cam with a flair that ended in an awkward silence and she continued "I'm great at making things. Bad at naming them".
"Well, nice work. I'm Mckeyla McAlister".
"Woah! Wait. Mckeyla McAlister. That's MC. MC-squared. No way! I'm squared, too! B-squared, Cam is C-squared, Adri is A-squared and Tessa is T-squared!" Bry announced excitedly.

"Listen, M. We promise not to say a word about any of this...if you let us check out some of the awesome stuff you have in there" Camryn stated seriously.
Mckeyla started to reply but before she could finish her sentence Camryn and Bryden had already jumped through her window to her bedroom and were already inside. Adrienne followed quickly behind.

"Sorry about them" Tessa mumbled as she followed her friends. She figured if they were all checking out the cool tech and there wasn't really anything Mckeyla could do at that point to stop her friends, she might as well join in.

Then Tessa and her friends were checking out all the cool things in Mckeyla's private lab while Mckeyla was frantically trying to get them out and leave. Then the light on the big TV screen started to flash and an electronic voice kept repeating over and over again 'Incoming transmission...incoming transmission' until an image of a strict, well polished lady in a suit popped up on the screen.

"Agent McAlister. You have friends in your private lab?" The lady questioned firmly. Mckeyla started to explain to the women what was happening. How the girls had spied on her, and she had figured it out too late. Then they burst into her lab before she could stop them. The more she went on and on the more ashamed she seemed to look and feel, which made Tessa feel guilty.

Then the woman finally introduced herself as The Quail, a member of an organization called NOV8 (pronounced innovate) an elite, international organization of women operatives from all over the world.

Bryden began to ramble again about everything they knew about up until that point. The laptop, the threat to the prince's mission, etc.

The Quail was clearly impressed. She then began to explain to the other four girls the mission Mckeyla had been sent there to work on, and seemed to decide that they could be of beneficial help to Mckeyla.

'Really me? Just some average book worm from Maywood Glen could actually be beneficial to help save the world and protect the prince?' Tessa thought 'Count me in'.

Mckeyla looked doubtful but hoped the girls could actually be of some use and not just get in her way. It was a time sensitive situation and she really didn't want to screw it up. Only time would tell how the mission would go from there.

*** time skip ***

The next day was a Saturday, and the first day that Tessa and her friends would be working on the mission with Mckeyla.
Tessa, Bryden, Camryn, and Adrienne had just shown up at Mckeyla's house and were ready to begin their first day of being secret agents.
Tessa noticed how her friends were dressed not so subtly like secret agents, vs herself who had dressed like an average teen girl (taking the lead from Mckeyla).

The girls rang the doorbell and Mckeyla obviously noticed this idea as well. Her friends were talking to Mckeyla enthusiastically while Tessa was trying not to look too embarrassed in the back of the group. Mckeyla suggested that she perform an ops test on the four girls so she could figure out how to best use them in the field.

Mckeyla led the girls into her house and straight to the lab. Tessa had no clue what it was that she could do to help, so was a little worried about the test.

Adrienne had made an impressive volcano cake, which she then proceeded to explode with a foamy pink lava substance.

Bryden took a picture of Mckeyla and posted it to the ip addresses on the computer screens in the lab. It immediately freaked Mckeyla out before Bry explained that only they were the ones who could see the pictures, and made them go away.

Cam made some kind of radio with added features that Mckeyla thought they could use to help find where the prince was located.

When Mckeyla got to Tessa, she still had no idea what to show her to prove her skills. "I can read books super fast, and usually remember most details of it?" she told the girl awkwardly.
"well ok. I'm sure we can find a use for that skill somehow" Mckeyla had told her, trying to sound reassuring.

'Great. she probably thinks I'm the weak link of the team now' Tessa thought sadly as Mckeyla walked back over to Cam to listen to the radio and see if she could find out where the prince was located.

"So did we pass the ops test?" Bryden asked.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Mckeyla replied not really paying them much attention.
"Yay!" the other girls squealed with delight.
Now they just had to get past the security perimeter...easier said than done apparently.