Jyuu Kyuu

"Y/N, I-I just wanted to ask if you wanted to eat together during the feast tonight."

The taller male questioned, hunching over just to look at you.

"How does it feel like to be the waterbender with the most potential?"

He questioned a glimmer of admiration in his glare.

"But I think I do better in relationships."

The sly romantic nature in his tone made you feel nervous in your stomach. His confident demeanor was so potent, and yet he was so humble about himself.

You opened your eyes and groaned.

Although you hadn't seen him since you last returned you couldn't forget him. His memory still lay so potent in your mind.

It had only been two hours, and yet whenever you tried feeling a connection to your environment. You always somehow ended back up to Akai's memory.

It really felt like you were somehow trapped by his memory. Yet, you hardly even knew him.

The internal struggle had thrown off your convention as all you could feel was him. The way his hair tied back unnaturally, causing him to look bushy at times. Or even the way he carried himself. Knowing well that his skill in hunting and waterbending was better than most. Yet somehow, he remained humble to the fact that he was strong. Or even the way he spoke, the deepness of his voice sank to the bottom of the sea. An iceberg of such proportion that it was like hearing a sea lion roar.

You huffed, sensing that you began losing concentration.

Akai was such a wonderful young man who really showed that he loved you in the brief moment you were together. And yet somehow you couldn't get past the fact that you hadn't seen him at all during your time back in the village.

It hurt.

It hurt that you received such wonderful attention from him. You had the opportunity to give it back to him. Yet, you didn't.

"You don't know what you're talking about! You should be honored to serve the Fire Nation, let alone the Prince of the Fire Nation!"

That damned attitude that was vivid like flames roaring through a dried forest.

"Fine! Whatever! I just wanted to see!"

The first time you ever saw that flaming attitude, calm down. Instead, you saw a side of the prince that was awkward.

"Embarrassed? What would I be embarrassed about?"

The next time... His crimson face was so humourous and cute...

"I-I like you.."

A confession that appeared from the blue. No, not really. It was accumulated over time, obviously.

An irritated groan echoed through the paths and mountain walls. You let yourself fall back onto the ground. A large huff escaping your mouth as you landed. You felt weak in your mind. Losing yourself to this endless onslaught of negativity.

How could you let such an arrogant and ignorant person rule your emotions?

No, not just your emotions. The entire trajectory of your life. You allowed this adolescent man baby dictate who you liked in your life.

This person, this monster that nearly killed your father. Stripped you of your home and culture. Constantly tortured you with hunger and spiritual suffocation. This monster who captured you and kept you like an exotic bird to be admired.

This monster who stole the love you reserved for Akai.

It was terrible. How could you have allowed yourself to fall prey to this monster. How could you give up your one true chance at happiness for this awful monster?

"Y/N! Y/N!" Your father yelled, lifting you from the ground.

"D-dad?" You questioned, looking up to the thundering sky above.

Your father huffed, shaking you slightly.

"Son, wake up!" He exclaimed, looking up to the pouring rain.

"What's going on?" You questioned, feeling the pouring rain.

"I don't know, whatever happened in your spiritual world. It offset the balance of this one." He stated, looking to the swirling clouds of darkness above the pair of you.

"What!?" You exclaimed, feeling the winds begin to whip your sides.

"Calm yourself! Your emotions are the reason why this mess started!" Your father exclaimed.

You groaned, feeling a deep pain inside of your head. You lifted your hand up to your head. Feeling a deep blockage within your head.

"You're right. My mind Chi Gate feels weird.." You muttered, the pain growing within your head.

Your father huffed, looking to the growing storm.

"Even the pair of us won't be enough to stop this storm. I wonder." Your father looked to you, curiosity in his eyes.

"What is it?" You questioned.

Your father lifted himself from the ground, standing above you. He began moving his hands in the air. Your eyes followed the flow of his arms. Around you, two streams of water formed. The streams began encircling you.

"Alright, son, I'm going to try helping you through this blockage in your chi. I can only help you to a point. I will guide your spirit to the point of the blockage. Mind you, I can only do so much." Your father instructed.

"A-alright." You replied, sitting yourself down.

You closed your eyes and began to focus.

"This wall within your mind is created by your subconscious self. Meaning that it is an introspective challenge you must overcome and accept. Remember, my boy, what may seem like a wall is really just a mirror."

Your eyes opened.

Revealing the sight of a vast ocean surrounding your tiny iceberg island. The familiar feeling of this cold air brought back a terrible form of nostalgia for you.

You rose to your feet, looking all around you for some new threat. The only thing that moved around you. Was the reflections of your face in the water. You frowned, looking up to the dark skies above.

"This is the place, right?" You questioned.

Cracks began to form underneath you. Breaking through the small iceberg you were standing upon. The rift grew bigger and bigger until the entire iceberg cracked in two. The large rift pulled you in.

You screamed as you were quickly enveloped in the shadows of the large pit.

The darkness was consuming and maintained its mysteriousness around you. You batted your head, trying to find anything around you that could identify.

Your hands flew forward, trying to feel for something, yet all you felt was water.

Panic set in as you tried holding your breath. That was until the shock finally threw you through a trial of fear. Causing you to take in a deep, scared breath. Your eyes opened in shock as you felt yourself breathing underwater.

You looked around again, finding the dark, deep waters surrounding your vision.

"Where am I?"

#1123