Entrance

10 months. That's how long it had been since the sludge villain attack. Izuku had hoped at least someone would check on him after the attack, or maybe that he'd at least be mentioned on the news, but no. Speaking of the news, he searched and searched, but no new news of Lady Nagant had been published, almost like she'd disappeared from the face of the planet. None of that mattered now though as Izuku stood in front of the gates to UA. Today was the day of the entrance exam and today he would prove that his quirk could be of use. He gazed upon the gate and the buildings behind it.

Izuku: "I know we only met for a short time, but I'll prove you were right, Miss. Nagant. This decision was thanks to you after all. I hope I'll be able to show you."

Then, someone bumped into his shoulder and kept walking.

Bakugo: "Quit talking to yourself like that Deku."

The explosive boy kept walking. Izuku thought back to the past few months.

Izuku: 'At least Kacchan's cooled off a bit.'

He then watched as Bakugo kicked another student in the shin for bumping into him.

Izuku: 'Or not.'

Izuku walked past the gate and over to the designated exam building, quickly meeting a receptionist.

Receptionist: "Name and school?"

Izuku: "Izuku Midoriya from Aldera Junior High."

She sifted through a stack of plastic cards before grabbing one and handing it to him.

Receptionist: "Here, Hall A."

Izuku took the card and thanked her before entering the auditorium his exam briefing was going to be in. He found his seat and sat down, finding that he was sat next to Bakugo. After a few more minutes the rest if the participants entered, the lights dimmed, and a hero Izuku recognized walked on stage.

Present Mic: "HELLO HELLO! IT'S YOUR FAVORITE HEROIC RADIO HOST, PRESENT MIC!"

The man clad in mostly leather with a large speaker around his neck made his way to the podium.

Present Mic: "AS YOU ALL KNOW, THIS IS THE PRACTICAL EXAM! THE WRITTEN PORTION WAS DONE ONLINE OR HERE YESTERDAY! NOW, ONTO THE PARTS YOU'RE HERE FOR!"

Mic clicked a remote and a pixel art city appeared on the screen behind him.

Present Mic: "THE EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE IN A FAKE CITY, THOUGH WE'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU KEPT DAMAGE TO A MINIMUM! TO SCORE POINTS YOU'LL BE FIGHTING FAKE VILLAINS WITH A POINT VALUE RANGING FROM ONE TO THREE!"

As he spoke, 3 silhouettes appeared on the screen, each of a robot. Another voice was heard.

???: *Yelling* "Excuse me! The pamphlet says that there are four types of villains! Are you lying to us!?"

Present Mic: "RELAX PARTICIPANT 249! I WAS JUST GETTING TO THAT! THERE IS IN FACT A FOURTH VILLAIN, BUT IT'S WORTH ZERO POINTS! IT'S MORE OF AN OBSTACLE YOU'LL WANT TO AVOID!"

The boy, who Izuku noticed wore glasses and had dark blue hair, bowed in an apology.

???: "I see! I apologize!"

Present Mic: "DON'T SWEAT IT! ANYWHO THAT'S REALLY ALL, JUST DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER, OKAY!? ALRIGHT! NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET SOME POINTS! CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!?"

No one responded. Instead, the participants all got up and started leaving the auditorium, leaving Present Mic to sulk on stage. They all found their way to the locker rooms to change before heading to the test areas. Once he got there, he looked around but couldn't see Bakugo.