sixty nine.

Admittedly, I am nervous for this. Though it's not the first time I've been alone with the girls, by far, it's a holiday and as much as I want to be relaxed, I'm starting to believe my choice probably wasn't the best one. Joe is in Dallas with Nick and Kevin, performing at the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving halftime show, and although I love going to events with him, I couldn't bring myself to take the girls to Texas. He understood, he knows how I feel, and he supported my decision completely. But now that the day has come and I'm spending the holiday without him and just the two girls, I can't help but feel like we're missing something. Because we are. We're missing their daddy. With Jessica visiting her family for the holidays and Joe gone, I also find myself more anxious... and jumpier. The fear of someone coming after the girls is just getting stronger these days and I don't know how to stop it or even slow it down.

"Okay, baby, I gotta go. You're sure you're okay?" Joe asks, giving me a look on Facetime.

I grin, nodding. "Yes. Have a good time. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Willa say bye to daddy," I tell her, moving the phone so they can see each other.

"Bye daddy!" she smiles, waving. "Sing good!"

"Bye princess, I will, I love you!"

"Yuh Yew!" she exclaims before running off, causing Joe to chuckle and a smile to spread across my face as I say bye once more and hang up, setting my phone to the side.

I sigh, grabbing Delphine and cuddling her, grinning as she melts into my chest. "How are you already almost five months old, my baby," I whisper to her, leaving a few gentle kisses on her head and relaxing into the couch, the sound of Willa playing in the background as I bring up the playroom camera on my phone to keep an eye on her.

After a half hour or so, Willa runs out to me, claiming she's hungry and wants a snack.

"What do you want for your snack?"

"Strawbewy!"

"You want strawberries? Can we have some other fruit with them today?"

"Yeah!" she exclaims, jumping up and down.

"Okay," I sigh, getting up from the couch and wrapping Delphine so she can stay on me while I do other things. I then walk to the kitchen, take out the fruit, and make her a bowl. Placing at the table and letting her climb up, she starts to munch on her favorites as the doorbell rings.

Confused, I walk from the kitchen to the front door, opening it slightly.

"Surprise!"

I open it further to see Hope, Tori, Stella along with their boyfriends standing outside the door, the guys holding grocery bags while Tori holds a flower arrangement.

"What in the hell are you guys doing?" I ask, shaking my head in disbelief.

Tori laughs lightly. "Well, we understand why you didn't go to Texas for thanksgiving, but there was no way in hell we were letting you celebrate the holiday alone either."

"I'm not alone, I have the girls."

"Are you cooking thanksgiving dinner already?" Hope asks, raising her brows.

I open my mouth before closing it.

"Exactly, we're here, we brought food to cook, and we're having thanksgiving," she says, pushing through. "Where's the princess?!"

"Aunt Hope!" Willa squeals, her footsteps following.

I grin, letting everyone else in, Stella being the last who holds up the flowers.