27. Sound Passages

(Edi's pov)

Wow, stone sound passages should be really useful. It's probably Malaya's credit that we got that information at all. I just know Aidan didn't look through one paragraph.

He was most likely figuring out their and make us power their world. I'm a bit worried that we will have to live the rest of our centuries as slaves to a foreign people on a foreign planet. But then again, well grow even stronger with passing years and we will find some way of escaping eventually.

Huh. Al is rooted to the ground and his eyes are wide. He must either have been shocked at the stones being able to do that or Aidan and Malaya being able to do that. He did say he wasn't able to. I wonder why he couldn't open the stone passages. He, after all, should be more skilled than us seeing as he's been active all this time.

It makes me wonder if Irene and I could do it, or if there needs to be a more personal connection between people to be able to speak to each other. Maybe that's why Malaya and Aidan were able to do it so easily, first try. Those two have the strongest friendship I've ever seen. They've been the ones holding our team together.
Through everything, they have never doubted each other. Not to say they haven't had disputes, but it's always been more like talking it out rather than disagreeing.

That had only been more and more apparent as the years went by and they knew each other more and more. Now it really seems like they know each other more than they know themselves. Certainly, Malaya knows how to calm Aidan down much more than when he tries to let go of something by himself.

On another note, though, I've been wondering about Raymond and his history. I know nothing about him other than his ability to invent numerous engineering marvels. I'll have to catch him at lunch and talk to him.

But speaking of Ray, he is probably half done the third suit by now. It's been forty-five minutes since we split to get ready for whatever's coming.

Irene and I managed to come up with a strategy: Irene has the water ability, so she may be able to take water from them when they're in their mermaid form and swamp them with water when they're air-breathing bipeds.

As for me, I could potentially weaken the ship. No metal is completely pure, so I'll pull the rock out and use it to fight. In fact, I keep hoping that they actually want to make a deal. At the very least, ask us an extreme favor that we'll barely be able to convince Aidan to do.