3

The First Day of School

"I changed my mind. I'm not going."

☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

You and Danny arrived home together since both of you finished work simultaneously. Upon entering, you went to check on Michelle, while Danny headed to attend to his daughters. You heard commotion coming from the bathroom. As you opened the door, you found them in the midst of some activity.

"Oh, my God," you exclaimed as you entered the bathroom.

"What? We were just giving the kid a bath," Jesse explained.

"Then why isn't she in the tub?"

"Because Joey's in the tub and I'm in the tub, and there's not enough room for, you know, all of us."

"It's obvious I‐I really am intruding," you said, picking up Michelle. "I'm gonna put Michelle in her crib." You walked out of the bathroom, leaving Jesse and Joey to continue their whatever they were doing.

* * *

"Good morning, guys," Danny greeted when he saw you, Jesse, and Joey.

"Good morning, boys," you replied to them.

"Good morning, Paw, Hoss, Y/n," Joey said.

"Little Joe," Jesse said before grabbing a box of cereal.

"How'd it go last night?" you asked Joey.

"Oh, well, I started out great, but in the middle, I- " Joey began.

"No, no, I meant in the bathtub with Hoss," you interrupted him.

"Look, I finished 'Love Me Tender,' we did a short medley from 'Viva Las Vegas,' and got the hell out of the tub," Jesse explained, as Danny looked confused at what they were talking about. The girls then came down.

"Dad, we're all ready," DJ said.

"Girls, I don't wanna brag, but Chef Boy‐r‐Dad has made some super great lunches for a super great first day of school," Danny announced. DJ smiled at Stephanie.

"And you know what, Stephanie?" Danny asked her before taking a lunch in his hands. "For you, I've got a brand‐new lunch box."

"The Jetsons," Stephanie said as Joey took the lunchbox in his hand and dramatically went to Stephanie, kneeling next to her.

"Hi, I'm home. Hi, Jane. Hi, Elroy. Hi, Astro," Joey said, presenting the box to Stephanie.

"And, DJ., for you, I've got a brand‐new Barbie lunch box," Danny said, presenting a Barbie lunch box to DJ.

"I don't do Barbie," Joey remarked when DJ turned to Joey.

"Oh, darn," both you and Jesse sighed.

"Thanks, Dad, but fifth‐graders don't carry lunch boxes anymore," DJ said.