Chapter 9

Mandisa began building a coven of sorts. They spent the time being together and studying or meditating. She taught them how to listen. Sometimes they were too loud with their thoughts. but when they meditated with Mandisa, they were taught the right way. Miss Toni, Sabine, and Monique became regular visitors to the Mikaelson compound.

Things with Vincent were more confusing than ever. They'd went to a foreign movie together then he invited her for a friday night dinner with his mother. Mandisa had one of Niklaus' hybrids drive her out where Miss Toni's house was. Vincent opened the door and smiled at her. "Lovely to see you,' he said as he took her coat. The place was comfy though slightly small. The fire place was going but it wasn't too hot. The perfect temperature.

"Thank you for inviting me," she said to him.

"Of course. You've become a very good friend and Momma practically insisted," she nodded, they were friends. Miss Toni came out from the back of the house. She held herbs in her hands.

"Mandisa, you look great," Miss Toni said to her.

"Thank you. You look well. Did you need a hand?"

"No I'm done. But would you mind taking a look at my altar. See if you think there's any elements missing?" she asked and Mandisa agreed. The altar was at the back of the house. It was right before they were about to go outside. Mandisa could feel it. It felt balanced.

"Nice placement," Mandisa commented, "I don't feel anything missing but I will think on it and listen for anything." She walked away in silence and tried to silence her thoughts. Then she stopped before she got back to the couch and walked back, "There's a necklace missing."

"What?" Vincent asked. It was quite blurry in her head.

"Maybe a locket? Or a pocket watch? Something on a metal chain," Mandisa said, staring at the altar and seeing it in a place. Miss Toni came in the room.

"Dad's pocket watch?" Vincent asked and she nodded then raced off to the room, "Why would a pocket watch be necessary?"

"She's still an ancestral witch. He may not be her ancestor but he's passed on and he's her family. He's missing from here."

"You can feel that?"

"I listened for it. Then I saw it." Vincent looked at her in amazement. Miss Toni came in and put the pocket watch exactly where Mandisa saw it.

"Thank you. The food's ready."

They sat around a large pot. It was a big pot of crab and vegetables. Then they had a plate of catfish and hot sauce. Mandisa tried to eat daintily but it just didn't work with the food. so she just let herself go and actually ended up having a lot of fun. Miss Toni shared stories about Vincent as a child. "I had to keep a mop near the door. He used to come in covered in mud all the way up to his waist."

"I'd fall."

"You're not that clumsy," Miss Toni told her son and Mandisa laughed, "It's nothing wrong with liking to play in mud."

"I suppose not." Mandisa looked at her phone clock and realized it was almsot ten. Elijah would start to get worried.

"I've had a lovely time. Miss Toni, I was wondering if we could do the End of Harvest celebration at your home?"

"Are you sure?"

"I think it's perfect," she said happily as she stood. They all stood with her and Vincent grabbed her coat.

After Mandisa was gone, Miss Toni studied her son as they cleaned up the table together. "Momma, I can feel you burning a hole through my head. What?" he asked his mother.