Chapter 10

Mandisa did as her father asked. She designed a spell that connected to her paternal line while all her siblings were at home. That was when she saw the other dot. Mandisa even called all of her siblings on the phone just to make sure. So it had to be her. Unless her father had another love child but she dind't think that was likely. Mandisa slept easily with the knowledge that the next day she might have yet another sibling.

The next morning, Mandisa wanted to talk to Elijah abotu what she found. But he wans' tin his apartment. She wandered around the compound looking for him but the only person she ran into was Klaus. "Can we talk?" she asked him.

"I suppose," they ended up sitting down in the courtyard.

"You don't like me do you?"

"Mandisa, I like you just fine."

"So why don't you spend any time with me?"

"I don't spend time with many of my siblings."

"I suppose I need to talk to Elijah then."

"He left town."

"Do you know when he's coming back?"

"What did you need him for?"

"well I know Father is a sore subject for you."

"he is only your father. You are the only one with good memories of him."

"as I said."

"What did the bastard have to say?" She huffed and crossed her arms. He smirked at her rare but hilarious tendency to act like a teenager.

"He was looking for Freya, our eldest sister. He can't find her n the other side. So he asked me to do a spell and I found her here." He listened.

"On this side?"

"In New Orleans."

"How is that possible?"

"I have no clue. Which is why I wanted ot talk to Elijah."

"He isn't the smartest, you know. He's just the oldest. Kol would have the best idea about magic."

"You think I should investigate?"

"I think you will investigate. It's more family. It is one of the ways I know that even if we are not blood related we are truly related. you love family as I do."

"I do. You're right. Okay. Well, have a good day," she said, feeling some sense of enjoyment abou the progress in their relationship.

Mandisa found herself in front of a house where it said her sister was. She felt the wards around the house, keeping the people in but she didn't want to brea the spell until she knew why it was there. She brought Miss Toni back there. "Why did you want to come here?" the older woman asked nervously.

"I did a locator spell. My half sister is in there. What is this place?" she asked.

"This is a home for criminally insane French Quarter witches. Are you sure it said she was in there?"

"I am positive. How can I visit so I can investigate?"

"No one is allowed to go in. It's run independently by a group called The Kindred. But funded by Josephine."

"So she must be able to let me get in. Thank you," Mandisa said.

She went to talk to Josephine but she was quickly refused. Mandisa huffed, "My sister is in there. I would like to see her."

"It cannot be done."

"No. You are refusing . There is a difference. I could have broken the spell myself but I chose to go the polite way. Not I see why my siblings just do what they want."