Chapter 14

Mandisa didn't know why, but she thought that more people would be happy for her. It was supposed to be her vindication. Mandisa came home from the hair salon. She got her hair professionally washed and conditioned to bring out her natural 3b hair texture. She was happy and bouncy and her hair showed that off. But when she walked in, her sibling were all there including Klaus. They sat in the courtyard talking to each other. They were so distracted they didn't even notice her arrival. "We should just kill him," Mandisa heard Klaus say.

"How would that help?" Freya asked him.

"No man, no more issue,"

"You have got to stop thinking murder solves everything," Rebekah said.

"I blame Mikael and Ayana. It is obvious Mandisa doesn't think highly enough of herself." There was a crack of thunder and they all turned to see her. Mandisa had an angry look on her face.

"I think plenty of myself! Thank you very much, Niklaus!" Mandisa defended herself. Elijah stood up and walked over.

"Mandisa, I don't think he meant it as an insult," Elijah explained.

"How could he not? Is there some hidden meaning to the statement that I am unaware of?" she asked her eldest brother.

"No-"

"Then what?"

"Mandisa, all of us are concerned," Kol said from the table.

"Concerned about what?"

"He's led you on. Then he treated you horribly."

"He's apologized,"

"That's not easing our worries. He didn't even apologize for the way he treated you."

"But he's sorry," she tried to tell them but it was very quiet. They all looked at her with pity.

"Mandisa, we just worry for you," Rebekah explained, "You don't have much relationship experience."

"Or any at all," Kol added.

"We don't want someone taking advantage of that fact."

"He won't. Vincent is a good man. You'll see, I promise."

"See that's the thing, little sister, you can't promise that," Kol said sadly.

"Then time will tell," she said, tryign to get her smile back, "But I am still going with him tonight. And Niklaus, you cannot hurt him. At least not at this point." The Hybrid huffed.

They might have given up on the whole killing him thing. But that did not mean that they weren't worried. All the Mikaelsons gathered in the courtyard as they waited for Mandisa to come out. She finally did and was wearing a long turtle neck form fitting sleeveless dress with a strappy heels. She didn't usually weal heels that tin but knew she wanted to look nice. She matched it with a long wool coat. "You look lovely," Rebekah said to her. Mandisa smiled.

"Thank you."

"Is he picking you up?"

"No we are meeting at the theatre. I've already called a cab. And please no one do the movie thing where you follow me on my date. I will tell you all about it when I return." She kissed them all goodbye on the cheek, even the hesitant Niklaus, before walking out.

Vincent met her in front of the theater and it was the most awkward he two had ever been around each other. "We've done many a night like this," she reassured him.

"That's true. You look beautiful," he said and leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed.

"Thank you. You look very nice as well," she said. He took her hand easily as they walked into the theater. It was French night, their favorite. She'd take an Italian film with subtitles in a pinch though. He grabbed her typical snacks, popcorn with lots of butter and a sprinkle of a sugar packet from her purse. Then a sweet tea with lots of lemon. He personally liked his popcorn with butter and a little extra salt and black pepper, that she also brought in her purse.