☆Chapter Six☆

Wednesday||12:30 P.M

Jhené Capri-Taylor

Listening to Cardo and Dre talk about their childhood brought me a sense of happiness.

Mi get fi understand where Cairo get him ways from, the same way Cardo described Dre growing is the same as Cairo growing up.

Cheeky, sneaking and use dem looks to dem advantage.

Cairo ago give yuh puppy eyes, cry, hug yuh, give the cutest little smiles just fi get outta trouble.

And him ago always get outta trouble.

I could have sworn Dre said they weren't friends for years, I guess they made up a while back.

You couldn't tell they hadn't talked with the way they intereacted with each other, they looked the same, had the same tone of voice, smiled the same.

Everything.

But how the fuck dem so white?!.

Miss Gee have a pretty skin color, but dem man yah come from a different breed.

Cardo could definitely pass for a foreign man.

The blonde hair, green eyes.

I wonder what his brother looked like.

Cai skipped his father, his uncle, heck, he skipped both of his grandfathers and just went to a different person.

Dre and Cardo's  bond had to have caused that.

"How yuh so quiet Mumz?" Cardo questions me.

My eyes darts between the two men, "just a listen to unu".

He chuckles, "ohh, yuh man never shut up bout yuh eno".

"So him love run him mouth"

"A fi real, now everything a you and Cairo, mi want sumn like this mi naah lie to yuh"

Dre smiles to himself.

"Him gwaan like him in love more than anybody else" I joked.

Cardo laughs out, "a blessing man, that's all".

".....him did put yuh pon the news fi true?".

That's the only joke that kept Dre laughing all these years.

Glaring, I answer, "yes".

"Him did always fuck up, ano since him meet yuh yer"

"It me a get fi understand"

"Yeah man, long time him head sick".

Dre stood up to leave, "gimme one minute".

"Mmmm".

I looked at Cardo as he watched Dre walk away and disappear down the hallway.

His eyes met mine and he smiles.

"What kind of work you do, if you don't mind me asking?" I ask, I've been curious all morning.

"I'm an accountant" he replies with a glint of mystery behind his answer.

Mi know weh dat mean when dem answer like that.

"Ohhhh, let me guess, you don't work with any specific company".

"Cunningham Finance and Accounting".

Oh.

"How many companies dem have?" I asked as a rhetorical question.

Cardo snorts, "Stop ask that long time".

"So how you get to be apart of all that?"

"Believe it or not, Dre paid my high school fees and sent me to college, I had no idea he set up funds for me, always figured it was savings from my parents, I wanted to repay him because as you probably know already, he and I weren't friends for a very long time, I reached out to his brother to ask permission if I could talk to him first because I didn't want any unnecessary problems with how well guarded he is by his family"