Chapter Dirty

After you dropped a well-rested Yelena off at her class for the exam, you doubled back to the house to see what was happening for the next two hours before you wanted to pick her back up.

What you expected to find was a few things broken, paint splattered across the walls, and someone pouting angrily because you lived with a couple of sore losers. That's not what you found at all though, no, what you found was the whole place being cleaned top to bottom by strangers you've never seen before.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" You grabbed Wanda before she could fly by with the question, and she stopped short.

"Where've you been?" She asked back instead, looking you over.

"Me and Yelena went out for breakfast before her exam."

"Oh," She nodded and then gestured around, "Tony's having the house deep cleaned."

"Uh, why? He doesn't even live here."

"Something about the senior house being too far gone." She shrugged and continued on her way, so you walked into the living room where he was instructing a worker about leaving the upstairs alone.

"Um, Tony, what – uh," You stumbled when someone almost hit you with a Swiffer, heading to the downstairs bathroom, and you met the frantic eyes of Stark, "What the fuck is going on?"

"My parents are coming." He told you plainly, as if that would answer all reasoning behind this weirdness.

"So? I thought you hated your dad, and your mom won't care about the sty you live in as long as your grades are – wait, are you failing? Is that why they're coming?"

"Failing, please," He scoffed, "I'm receiving a prize for my invention in nuclear science and my parents are donating more money to the university, but they want to see where I've been living since it's not in the dorms or the flat they offered to pay for in the city."

"Tony, your wealth is showing and it's written snob all over your Armani suit," You smirked teasingly, and he huffed before you added, "Have you spoken to Pepper lately?"

"Asked her to be my pretend girlfriend for this," He nodded, and you groaned, "But she slapped me in the face for it, so you wouldn't happen to be free today, would you?"

"Wanna get slapped again? And then kneed in the crotch by Yelena?"

"I'll take that as a maybe."

"I'm not gonna – wait, what do I get out of this?"

"What do you want?"

"Hmm," You thought for a moment, "Your car for a week and the cabin up north this weekend."

"Planning a little holiday with the missus, are we?" He teased, pointing to a room when a worker silently asked where something should go.

"Anniversary." You nodded firmly and a smile crept up on his face, but then he buried it when you looked at him amused.

"You sound like an old married couple, just throw a party."

"She doesn't really like those."

"But you do and it's your anniversary too." He pointed out and you rolled your eyes.

"But we both like spending time with each other, so this way we're both happy." You countered and he huffed.

"Fine, deal." He shook your hand when you offered it and you decided to go up, take a shower, and change into a nice summer dress since you didn't think Mr. and Mrs. Stark would love seeing their son's girlfriend in a Batman tee shirt with yellow shorts that have seen better days.