Chapter Eighteen

Tony sprawled out on one sofa while you and Yelena took the smaller one, cuddled up to watch She's The Man – a classic, no matter what others say.

"You know," Yelena started lowly so Tony couldn't hear, gliding her fingertips up and down your arm as you snuggled into her further, her arm around you, "When you said you had a 'tagalong'...first, I thought you meant the chocolates, but when you mentioned they wouldn't be a bother, I assumed Scott. Not him."

"Hey," You whined the same time Tony did, because apparently he could hear her, and you sent him a look because nobody could argue with Yelena but you, so he clamped his mouth shut, turning back to the movie, "If it was Scott, I could've easily distracted him by inviting Hope over. Or breaking out that old magic set."

"Ha," Tony snorted between handfuls of popcorn, "Piss ant is so easy."

"That name for him makes no sense." Yelena shook her head and Tony thought about it for a moment before reluctantly nodding in agreement.

"And you're literally not the one to talk about being easy," You smirked, and he pretended to be offended, "You went from pining over Pepper to flirting with Steve and now you're drooling over the lead actor in this movie. All in like four hours."

"He's got a good ass." He shrugged.

"Stark," Yelena groaned, "Leave."

"Fine," He scoffed, getting up, and brushing the popcorn bits off onto the floor and couch, leaving a mess, "I can tell when I'm not wanted."

"Can you?" She snapped and you stifled a laugh, hiding your face in her neck, but then you blushed as she rubbed your back, so laughing was no longer the issue here.

You chuckled when he snatched the half-eaten bag gummy bears from the table in defiance and then left with a dramatic huff, wishing you both a good night, but clearly not meaning it.

"I feel bad." You admitted, placing a quick kiss to her neck, and her arm tightened around you.

"You're too nice to him," She shook her head with a smile when you peered up at her, moving to see her better, "If it was up to you, all the strays would join us."

"Okay, I hadn't even left the kitchen yet!" He yelled, "At least wait until I make it to the door before you insult me!"

You both started laughing and you could hear the smile in his voice, so you knew he wasn't actually hurt, but he still slammed the door to make a point.

After a moment, Yelena started kissing you and you moved to straddle her waist, rationalizing with yourself that it'd be a better angle to make this easier. Just as you wrapped your arms around her neck and her hands started caressing your thighs, she froze as someone came stomping down the stairs, making you both pull away to look.

"Was that Stark?" Loki huffed, wrapping his purple robe tighter around his waist and you covered your mouth with a hand as your eyes watered from trying not to laugh.

"Um, Loki," Yelena spoke for you because you honestly couldn't breathe, "Are those – are those curlers in your hair?"

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, reaching up to idling touch his do, and then his eyes went wide, glancing frantically between you both, "I'm going to kill Wanda!"

He stormed back up the stairs and you both busted out laughing, making you lean forward into her shoulder as she shook with it.

"Eventful date." She chuckled and you nodded, leaning back to sit on her legs as you played with her hair.

You melted when she nuzzled into your touch and even let her eyes flutter shut, but your breath caught in your throat when she opened them again to look at you almost pleadingly. Her hands were still on your legs, and you cursed yourself for deciding last second to wear trousers on this date – it wasn't something you'd usually do, but you were feeling cozy.