Chapter 13: The Power of Two: Twins Sync

Do-yoon
: Hey! Winter!

Do-yoon waved as he called for Winter. Do-yoon looked concerned.

Midnight: And ohh! Klutz and foxie are here now too! Great! I thought they'd be taking longer than us.

I think you're the one who slowed us down, Winter.

Midnight: Hey guys! You made it too!

Midnight waved at them.

Winter: ... whatever.

Winter's thoughts: Nope. You're the one who did. If you worked earlier than me playing dumb just to get you to move, we would've been here sooner.

Midnight and Winter approached them and the final door opened for the final test.

Suddenly, a creature with the appearance of an octopus emerged and swiftly aimed at their shoulder, releasing a jet of black ink that coiled around their arm like an intricate armband.

Everyone: ???

Everyone was confused as they looked at it.

Inari: What is this?

Test administrator on observer: Welcome to the final test of the 21st floor.

Remember for this test, you can only use shinsu to attack your enemies. Physical attacks won't damage your opponents. The armband you received from the octopus restricts you to only use shinsu. You can't use your lighthouse or any other weapons. Trying to use them will cause you to take damage instead of your opponent. Be careful not to forget this rule for this round.

Non-wave controllers are obviously at a disadvantage and your team might get handicapped but pretty sure you can still come up with something right?

Good luck regulars!

Midnight: Guess they want us to do hard work again. What a bore.

Midnight yawns and a pack of small Shineuh resembling stingrays emerge and swiftly charge towards him. Unfazed, he calmly snaps his fingers, summoning his shinsu to create a blazing ring of fire around the encroaching enemies, engulfing them in scorching flames until they are no more.

Do-yoon: Show off.

Inari decompressed and transformed back to his original form, his tail multiplying by 5 and generating powerful winds as he rapidly spun it. Despite not being a wave controller, the winds pushed back their opponents. Winter used lightning shinsu to strike some of them, while Do-yoon used water shinsu on the others. They continued this coordinated attack on every Shineuh that appeared until all of their opponents were defeated.

Winter: I think that's all of them now right?

Do-yoon: Yeah, we got them all.

Suddenly, a crystal-clear elevator descended with Steven inside. He waved as the elevator gently landed and approached the waiting group.

Steven: Hey everyone!! Thanks for saving me! Man! I missed all the actions!

Midnight: it's fine. Seniors must stay out of the game because they're old and could be in greater danger than us or just hold us back.

We got it covered. Grandpa can sit and relax.

Steven: How dare you!! I'm not that old!! Wanna have a go with me kicking your butt, you little punk?!