Chapter 14: Bonds

A person in the dark: Yup, he's the one...

* grins*

**A year later...**

25th floor..

Steven: Ugh... I need a break. I'm exhausted.

Midnight: Ahh.. me too.

All of them are lying down on the floor as if they're all melting except for Winter.

Steven: What? How are you exhausted?! Cut the crap! All you do is sit in your lighthouse during the battle?! Commanding us!

Midnight: It's still work.

Midnight shrugs.

Steven: But it doesn't exert so much effort as we do on the field!

How in the world are you even more exhausted than Winter? He's the one who mostly charges and knocks down most enemies. He looks more exhausted than the rest of us.

But how is that kid still standing?

He's referring to Winter who's panting breathlessly, holding onto his knees, at the corner still standing.

Steven: Just how much is that kid's stamina?

Inari: Yeah... remind me again why we are climbing as fast as possible?!

Why is that kid in a hurry and pushing us all to go up fast?

Do-yoon: ....

Yeah... he's pushing himself a lot lately. He wants to enter the workshop battle this year. He said he wanted to participate to get an item he badly wanted from the tournament.

Then Winter left the battle arena as soon as the test was over, leaving them all behind.

Steven: And he leaves us behind every time after the test is over...

Midnight: Yeah.. now he's gone again..

Inari: Wait!

Winter!!

Inari chased after Winter but he vanished quickly and went looking for him.

Midnight: Is he going to be like this every time?

Steven: Give it up. He doesn't seem to like you or any of us.

Do-yoon: He's like that to everyone. Don't take it personally.

Midnight: How curious.

Steven: Though how come Inari gets to hang out with him sometimes?

Do-yoon: No idea. Those two were together before I met them.

Steven: Geez. But I also want to talk to him and hang out. I want to know how he does what he does with his shinsu...That kid is talented. He never fails to amaze me.

Do-yoon: Good luck with that. It's hard to catch that kid or be close to him.

Midnight grins.

Midnight: That's one of the things I like about him. He's quite amusing.

Another year passed and the team continued to take tests as fast as they could to get to the 30th floor for the workshop battle this year and they aced the tests with no problems as the team was balanced and all did their positions quite well, especially Winter who is well rounded, displaying exceptional skills with his shinsu and overwhelms other regulars he fights combats with.