chapter five | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

THE GROUP OF KIDS, tumbled life threateningly close to the ground at a speed polly couldn't quite get her head around

i'm gonna die.

i'm gonna die.

the only sounds she could hear was the rattling of the, what she now realised was an elevator, falling and the screams from her friends dotted around the small room. her vision was blocked off by one of robins arms which was wrapped around her head to prevent injuries if the movement suddenly came to a stop while her other was clinging to her waist. the only thing polly could really see were the stripes on the girls sailor costume that was pressed up close to her face.

"shit! shit!" dustin wailed.

"we're going down! we're going down!" announced steve loudly.

"yeah no shit harrington!" robin screeched to shut him up.

"why don't these buttons work?!"

"press the button!"

"what do you think im doing?!"

i'm gonna die.

i'm gonna die.

"come on, press something! just press the button!"

"push it!"

we're gonna die.

we're gonna die.

the elevator came to a halt as everyone collided with the cold, metal floor with a grunt. polly winced as she opened her eyes, which she had previously scrunched shut with fear, only to be met with a striped pattern yet again. robins arms were still hugged around her as the two girls lay in a heap above some storage shelfs. robin groaned as she attempted to move her head to look down at the brunette she was on top of.

"you alright? it's over now we're okay."

the hopper smiled at her reassurance and nodded her head at her concerned crush. "i'm fine, i think anyways."

"my groin, it fell on my groin. dustin! get this off of me!" steve strained as a large cardboard box was currently in his lap. "i cant move" he complained while the young boy helped him lift it off.

"is everyone okay?" robin sighed giving polly a helping hand up and brushing off her dark blue shorts.

"yeah im great, now that i know russians can't design elevators!" steve stomped his way over to the buttons, shoving dustin out of his way.