spider-verse (sony movies) | side effects | mj/peter b.

Fic Prompts Weekly Week 5 prompt : Parents
100 Prompts, 100 Ships prompt : Married couple

Peter had been sick with a pretty rough cold for a few days. However, it wasn't until the 6th day, when he realized he was only getting worse and the inside of his right ear began to hurt, that he finally went to the doctor.

As it turned out, in addition to his cold, he had a pretty bad ear infection, which was likely why he hadn't gotten better.

He was prescribed antibiotics and finally called in sick to the Spider Society so that he could properly recover.

While he was in recovery, MJ also called in sick to her job so that she could watch over both Peter and Mayday.

A few hours after Peter took his first dose of antibiotics, he felt his stomach begin to churn. He moaned in discomfort as it cramped up. He knew that stomach issues were a common side effect of the antibiotics, but he'd hoped that his powers would shield him from such things.

Apparently not.

Hearing his pained sounds, MJ went to check on him. She found him curled up in the fetal position, cradling his stomach and whimpering in pain. She frowned.

"Side effects?" she guessed. He nodded pathetically. "I'm sorry, hun" she said sympathetically. "I'll get you a bucket in case you throw up" she told him. "Let me know if you need help getting to the bathroom, okay?"

He nodded again, another whimper slipping out. She sighed, kissed his sweaty forehead, and went to find a bucket.

He was endlessly grateful for her love and care.