hazbin hotel | eating disorder (arfid) | angel/husk

queenofbaws Pride Month Bingo 2024 prompt : Mystery Solving
Wollemi Whump Event 2024 prompt : Interrogation
AMOW's March 2024 Trope-A-Thon prompt : Interrogation

Angel had a hard time eating at the best of times.

See, he had Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (or ARFID), which meant that the range of foods he could force himself to eat was extremely limited, even when it wasn't at its worst.

When he was already stressed? Forget it.

Husk noticed that the sex worker was eating even less than usual and began to grow concerned. Was he sick? Was this something that Valentino was forcing him to do? Some kind of fucked-up model diet?

He decided to get to the bottom of it.

"Why haven't you been eating?" Husk asked, point-blank. He watched as Angel grew slightly rigid but didn't answer the question. "You're already underweight, so if you're trying to-"

"I'm not anorexic, if that's what you're worried about" Angel cut him off, agitated. "Or bulimic"

"Is Val making you-"

"No"

"Okay, then what's going on?" Husk asked firmly. Angel didn't say anything for a moment. Then, he took a deep breath.

"Eating is just hard for me" Angel shrugged. "And, when I get stressed, it gets harder"

"Okay..." Husk responded. He didn't really understand, but he decided not to press too much. "Wait, but I've seen you drinking"

"It's a lot easier with liquids" Angel replied. This gave Husk an idea.

"What if we got you some of those meal replacement shakes that they sell for, like, sick people?"

"Yeah" Angel smiled slightly. As stressful as the thought of trying to eat was, the hunger pains had almost made him force through it a few times. "That would be nice"

"Alright" Husk nodded. "I'll have Niffty go get those later"

"Thank you"

"No need"