Ep. 6

Wednesday.....

Five let go of her hand the minute the Handler started walking. He'd left her side and moved to the Handlers.

She was walking behind them like a lost dog as they walked down the path. People passed and said hello to the woman and then stared at Gwen like she was some kind of anomaly.

"Gwenie, they're staring becuase you're dead." She explained.

"Good to know."

"You know in all my years I've never met anyone like either of you." She sighed. "I mean seriously. Cha Cha and Hazel, are good sure, but they can't see the big picture. You're spunk and your enterprising spirit, reminds me of myself, Five. And Gwenie, my girl you complete me entirely I think that's what drew Five to you."

Gwen was staring at the people they passed. They were all in normal boring clothes and all the women wore the same thing. It was bland.

"If this works out, you'd make a fine Successor Five." She smiled. They walked into the building and a man stepped forward taking her coat and glasses.

"I would like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience," Five looked at the others passing.

They moved up the stairs. Gwen had the urge to move away from them and escape into the Commission, learn what it's about, but Five touched her hand.

"Such Chutzpah," The Handler took off her hat. "It's refreshing I'll admit, but slow down Five." She touched her hair. Her hand went to touch Five's shoulder, but Gwen pushed it back.

"In fact, now that you've both finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world. The Commission works in support of a delicate balance." She explained to both of them.

"It works between the Timeline of events and man's free will. The briefcase is no longer part of your kit five, free your mind." She touched his hair.

"You have to stop touching him," Gwen shook her head.

"Gwenie, my baby, you won't have a kit, but you're not management either. You're going back to how it worked before Five joined us. Just like your start, I'll have my assistant walk you through it while I take Five for a tour of management."

"We stay together," Five argued.

"I'm afraid that doesn't work like that here. You've been upgraded. Gwen is going back to her job. We need her, no one's as good as her." The Handler touched her face. "Don't worry, Five. You'll see her again. Just a little later."

"It's okay," Gwen nodded. A ginger-haired woman stepped away from the wall.

"My name's Marge." She offered her hand. "Nice to meet you, again."

"You too." Gwen nodded. She followed the woman through the hall until they came to a room.

"Whose is this?" It didn't look as professional as the other parts of the Commission. Gwen rubbed her throat.

"It's yours, Miss Gwen." She smiled. "It's been your's well future you, but you don't age."

Marge looked at the ceiling like she was trying to do math. Gwen stared at the older woman confused.

It was like all the people apart of this agency weren't very smart. Well, everyone else other than Five, The Handler, and now Gwen.

"Do you know Sign?"

"Like ASL?" Gwen nodded. "I'm sorry I don't."

"Can you get me a cup of tea? What am I supposed to do?" Gwen moved around the chair of the desk. It wasn't a big office, but it was private.