Ep. 4

"Do you think he'll wake up soon?" Vanya asked. She seemed very worried about him. "Why do you think he let that happen to himself?"

"Well the woman he loves, is married to someone else," Gwen muttered. She stared at Luther as he started to move. His eyelids slid back and forth. "Five still didn't wanna come up?"

"No, he's downstairs with the car. He knows Luther won't wanna see him." Vanya muttered. Gwen touched her arm. "Go, I got him." She nodded.

"You can already read my mind," She smiled. "Thank you, Vanya, you're a good sister." She walked out and saw five waiting with a smug smirk.

"He told you to leave didn't he?" Five said.

"No, I came to fix you," Gwen smirked.

"Fix me? Darling, I think you've already tried that." He smirked. She tilted her head and returned a smile. "What's wrong with him?"

"The person he loves is married to someone else," Gwen explained. "It's painful to learn."

"How would you know?" Five leaned away from the car

"Unrequited love is the worst kind of feeling," Gwen clasped her hands behind her back.

"Unrequited," He moved past her and nodded. "But you have no idea what it feels like to love someone and see them happy with someone else knowing you shouldn't feel as horrible as you do." Gwen stared at her reflection on the side of the car.

"An–and you do?" Gwen muttered. There was a crash as bricks hit the sidewalk. There was a hole in the wall, and Luther looked out.

"Well seems like that's going well." Five laughed. Gwen leaned against the car. They saw Vanya come around the corner of the building.

"How'd that go?" Five walked closer to her.

"I'm going back to the farm." Vanya didn't look up. She walked past him heading straight for the car.

"Nope. That's unacceptable, Vanya." Five said. "Remember we need to stick together."

"Oh, why so I don't end the world?" Vanya asked. She turned around staring at him. "Were either of you going to say anything." She opened the car door. Gwen looked up at Luther's little self-made window and sighed.

"To be fair, I wanted to," Gwen admitted. Five glared at her and she turned back around scratching her head.

"No, I wasn't Vanya, When you get angry, shit blows up." Five admitted.

"Gwen blows shit up too," Vanya pointed out.

"Why am I being dragged into this?" She asked.

"She keeps her emotions relatively inc heck," Five scoffed.

"Great, great," Vanya nodded. "Are there any other family secrets you've forgotten to mention?" Vanya got in the car shutting the door in his face.

"A boat load Vanya, but I don't have the luxury of sharing them with the—." He sighed and knocked on the window. Vanya slowly rolled it down. "The clock is ticking on doomsday. Just tell me that, when I need you. You'll be ready?"

"I can't help you Five, I don't even know who I am." Vanya started the car.

"You're our sister." Gwen reasoned.

"And a member of the Umbrella Academy. Like it or not, that's who you are." Five stayed close to Vanya's window.

"Look that's who I was, okay? New timeline, new me." Vanya drove off.

"That's not how it works–." He ran his hands through his hair. Gwen knew whatever she said would just piss him off or stress him out so instead she stared at the hole in the wall. Luther held up a middle finger. "I wonder if it's too late to be unadopted."