Ep. 3

When the pair got back to the house, Five blinked them inside where they found Lila over Diego's body. He wasn't wearing any clothes other than a napkin over his lap.

"What the hell?" Gwen pointed. She was holding a wood burner in her hand.

"Oh, so he's not dead."

"You sound disappointed," Lila smirked.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Gwen yanked at her hair. "Oh, that's going to cause an infection. Did you at least flush the wound?"

"I'm helping him, you shush. I saved his life."

"Oh god," She bit her finger. "And now you're going to kill him while he's naked."

"You're stressing her out Lila." Five said.

"What is wrong with both of you?" She glared. Gwen waved her hands trying to get her off. "I'm not a bird."

"You're perched like one." Gwen sighed.

"What'd you do? Cut yourself while shaving." Lila smiled. "I could teach you to shave like a big boy."

"Go near him and I'll blow up your feet and hands. Then maybe your limbs making you just a nub." Gwen smirked. Lila stared at her and then Five.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I was joking."

"Yeah, I'm not," Gwen added. "I'll deal with this later," Gwen grabbed Five's arm pulling him toward the bathroom. She stopped when she saw Elliot sitting in the chair they'd left him in. "You didn't untie Elliot."

"Was I supposed to?" Lila tilted her head. 

Gwen walked around him and shut the door behind Five. He watched her as she grabbed a bandage and then undid his tie.

"What did you find?" Five asked. She didn't look at him as she got a cotton pad and pressed it to his neck. Even through the cloth, she could feel his pulse racing.

"Not much, just more stage set up. You found little Pogo." Gwen grabbed the rest of the kit. "Follow me."

She tugged on his sleeve as she walked out. Her hands gripped the rope as she blew them up. Elliot's arms fell to his sides as he continued snoring.

"You'll need this medicine woman," She set the kit down. The phone started ringing.

"I'll get it–."

"No!" Gwen yelled. "Sorry. I um–I can get it. You sit." She pointed to the chair.

"Why are we yelling?" Elliot rubbed his eyes. "When did you get back?" Gwen walked toward the phone picking it up. "Hello."

"We have to talk," Nathan said. "I'm on my way over."

"Uh, no, no. You can't come here. Go home, I'll meet you there later."

"Now please," Nathan said. 

Gwen rested her head against the wall. Her chest got heavy and she felt like she could throw up. She could have hard conversations, but they never made her feel great. 

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll be there soon."

"I'm coming to get you, you aren't walking at night. Even if you're mad at me, I'd rather you be in the car with me than walking around alone." He hung up. 

She pressed the phone to her forehead. She was going to dread this conversation. Five realized she hadn't moved from the wall.

"Hey," Five touched her arm.

"It's fine." Gwen nodded. "I've gotta go, uh, Nate, wants to talk with me."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Five asked. His eyes followed her as she pressed her hand to her chest.