Jungkook's Guide to Babysitting - 23

109.

Jungkook was on his way to drop Ari at school when he noticed the two guys getting into a car

Jungkook was on his way to drop Ari at school when he noticed the two guys getting into a car. He frowned, his hackles rising as he regarded them carefully but discreetly. The school was located in a neutral territory so they wouldn't dare to attack him here. But he wasn't going to be careless because of that.

What are they doing here?

Probably scouting the area before the meeting schedule in the evening. He hummed internally as he walked with the little one.

He knew them and which gang they belonged to. It was his job to keep tabs on their whereabouts. The two wannabe gangsters were troublemakers six years ago and were on his hit list before their boss met Jimin and demanded peace.

Jungkook might have let them go but it didn't mean he didn't have his eyes on them or that they were off the hook. The time just wasn't right and he didn't want his boss to land in a pickle because of his thoughtless actions.

"Kookie, who is this?"

Jungkook didn't tear his gaze off the two men from behind his sunglasses. Fortunately, he didn't have to worry too much because the black SUV took off soon, vanishing in the opposite direction.

"Kookie?" Ari tugged at his hand. The comic book hung limply in her hand. "You aren't paying attention. Again." She folded her hands across her chest, eyes narrowing at him.

His mind snapped back to the little one. "Ah, yes, sorry." He cleared his throat, sounding distracted. "Um...Rabi?"

Jungkook didn't read comics and didn't know anything else other than the little bunny plush Ari owned. She often called it Rabi and played with it. She was trying to teach him about her favorite comics but he had a memory of a gold fish when it came to the animated characters.

"No, it's Mi. You always keep forgetting their names." She pouted.

"They all look similar," he argued, but only earned a huff in response.

However, their banter didn't last long because soon they were at school. He bid farewell to the little one and resumed the walk back to the Park mansion.

***

Inside the car

"Is that Jeon Jungkook?" one of the two men mused. "The infamous bulldog and the devil of the cobras?"

They both wore suits and looked like an office worker but in fact belonged to one of the neighboring gangs. The distinct air of menace surrounding them and the tattoo peeking from underneath the dress shirt of their sleek suits were the only hint that they weren't normal people. They just happened to run an errand in the area, which caused the run in with the infamous bulldog.

"The one and only," the other confirmed.

The first guy couldn't believe his eyes.

"So he's a babysitter now?" The first man laughed. "Who is she?"