Jungkook's Guide to Babysitting - 19

92.

93.

Ari was asleep on Jimin's lap when Jungkook arrived. His boss sat on the couch, gently stroking his daughter's hair.

He stood at the doorway, taking in the scene in front of him. It wasn't everyday one could see his usually stoic boss display such a tender expression toward someone. But Jungkook knew only Ari could bring that softer side out of him.

Ari, with her soft, delicate angelic features looked comfortable as she nestled in her father's arms. Her breathing was even and she looked peaceful.

As he approached, his boss looked up with the same smile, silently acknowledging his presence. With a curd nod from Jimin, he quietly took a seat near him. Right now, Jimin didn't look like the intimidating boss and his aura was just that of a loving father, who cherished his daughter.

"We have settled the matter. No blood spilled. They will apologize to every shop owner in the area and will work for them until they compensate for the losses they caused," he informed. "Taehyung is staying back to handle the rest."

His boss hummed, not taking his gaze off his daughter's face. "I told her to sleep, but she insisted she will wait for you," Jimin said as soon as Jungkook entered his office. "After the phone call, she asked me if she could sleep here because Kookie said he will come and say good night. And she didn't want to miss it. She told me to tell you 'welcome back' before falling asleep." He chuckled lightly. "She's too young and lost the fight to sleep pretty soon."

Jungkook frowned. "She never stayed up this late." She stared at her. "I didn't know she'd stay awake. She has school tomorrow. I don't understand. Why didn't she go to sleep? Why would she insist on waiting?"

Jimin's smile was soft and fond. "Because you're now part of her world, Jungkook. And she's a part of your world. Whatever you do will impact her life whether you intend for it to happen or not."

A mix of emotions swirled inside of him. He wasn't aware his actions held a significance in her life. It didn't make sense. He wasn't that important, was he?