Blue Bitch

Mutasim P.O.V

After aiding Rya in retrieving her pendant (by bribing a guy with runes to give it back), Melina, Vera and I continue exploring the new region. Our travels take us up a path where we encountered a giant blacksmith wearing some kind of mirror helmet, reading a book. He didn't seem hostile so I decided to call out to him. 

Mutasim: Uh... Excuse me? 

The giant lowers his book and gazes down at us. 

Giant: Well, look at you. We don't receive many visitors. I presume you are a Tarnished. What brings you here?

Mutasim: I'm looking for a Glintstone Key so I can enter the Academy of Raya Lucaria. 

Giant: Ah, yes. As a Tarnished, you must be in search of the Great Runes. Regrettably, I cannot aid you. Forgive me. But... Perhaps there is something else I can do for you. My name is Iji. A blacksmith who onced served the Carian royals... An old codger who refuses to retire his rusty hammer. 

I pull out my greatsword and look up at the giant. 

Mutasim: What can you do for this? 

He leans down to get a closer look. After examining it, he hums. 

Iji: I've seen many weapons in my life. Forged many more. Each weapon tells their own story. And your blade is certainly special. It is stained with the blood of many. And even now, holds a putrid odour to it. But... I will be happy to help strengthen such a promising blade. Provided you hold the smithing stones necessary to help me do my job. 

Vera: If you're a blacksmith, surely you'd already have smithing stones to forge with, yes? 

Iji: I wish it were so. But my station is here and given my size, I am afraid I cannot enter any caves to pick out smithing stones. 

Mutasim: Well, it's a good thing we ran into a few caves before coming here. 

Vera: Perhaps you could also help me with my armour, Iji? 

Iji: I am more accustomed to fixing and creating weapons. But I shall see what I can do. 

I hand over my greatsword and I turn away from Vera as Melina helps the assassin undress. We stay here for some time before Iji returns Vera's armour and my greatsword. Once Vera got changed, I sheathed my sword on my back and turned to her. But I was stunned by her new armour and how... "different" it was.

I wasn't the only one to be surprised as Melina's eye was wide open too, sharing my shock from the

I wasn't the only one to be surprised as Melina's eye was wide open too, sharing my shock from the... revealing nature of Vera's outfit. She noticed our expressions and shrugs. 

Vera: What? I hated wearing all that armour. Clung too tightly to my body. 

Melina: If... You say so.

Iji: A word of warning, if you please. 

The three of us turn to face the giant. 

Iji: This territory once belonged to the Carian royal family. Their manor lies not far beyond this point. When the Raya Lucaria academy turned on the Carians, the Knights of the Cuckoo descended on this tract. The Carians were taken off-guard, but their strength had not waned, and they repelled the knights' onslaught... By conjuring an enchanted snare that remains potent to this day. That is why I say. Don't go near the manor. Unless you wish to lie with the corpses of the heedless Knights of the Cuckoo.